Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The WORST/BEST standard deck I've seen

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: The WORST/BEST standard deck I've seen Reply with quote

Sooo pretty much I was toying with this idea and its... well... good? Like I made the deck for fun to mess with people on MWSplay and it always did well there(like that means anything) a few days ago I decided to take a spin with it in the T2 trail not expecting to win against anything decent... pretty much just for fun and well round 1 I hit UW and 2-0'd it... felt pretty good, then I hit jund... 2-0'd it Next i Hit jund again... once again 2-0 for my pile... I then hit RB blightning... lost 1-2 now after being pumped by the previous wins over some of the teir decks in the format I chalked this up to me tossing in random ass cards in the sideboard to make the sb 15 cards. SOOOO this was the awakining that this SHITTY FUCKING DECK had some kinda promise and here it is.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [M10] Island (4)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
10 [ALA] Forest (1)
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest

// Creatures
3 [ALA] Mycoloth
4 [M10] Birds of Paradise
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
3 [M10] Llanowar Elves
4 [ROE] Joraga Treespeaker
3 [ROE] Khalni Hydra

// Spells
4 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [ZEN] Gigantiform
2 [WWK] Dispel
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood
4 [M10] Negate

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ZEN] Terra Stomper
SB: 4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 3 [M10] Nature's Spiral
SB: 3 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
SB: 2 [ZEN] Rampaging Baloths

so after this trail I proxy'd out the deck irl and tested with my group rolling all competitors who stood to me. The only difficult match it has is mythic. I personaly dont understand why Jund is a good match but mythic isnt.

SO bash this pile as much as you want... I know its bad I know I may just be a luck sack...

I go about 90% vs jund
75% vs controll MU
90% vs aggro of all sorts
And finaly about 25% vs mythic and bant
Makuherra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ridicilous to claim that this pile of cards would go 90% against rdw... its too fast for you and earthquake wrecks you up.

Max 50% against cruel control aswell.

Mycoloth just sucks and everyone knows it.
Darkann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the records for the trail you competed in? I would also suggest taking this to a local FMN and doing well and possibly keeping the records that this did as well as you claim. People would give you a lot more credit for doing well if you had the records of your matchups. For now I will copy this deck and see what kind of results I can get for this matchup.
boeda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems Mr. Doomz is pranking us...
axman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makuherra wrote:
its ridicilous to claim that this pile of cards would go 90% against rdw... its too fast for you and earthquake wrecks you up.

Max 50% against cruel control aswell.

Mycoloth just sucks and everyone knows it.

I'd disagree. Mycoloth is actually a really good card. Its the only creature that you don't actually mind having multiples on the table when pulse is played Razz and it stacks. (aka you have two mycoloth, they both die, you gain 20 life).

The problem; however, is there are better cards for that slot. I'd much rather have baneslayer or emeria angle.
Xctu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats Mycoid sheperd not Mycoloth, axman.
Mycoloth does suck and everyone (should) know it
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a nice idea, bit i fear i'd agree with others who say that mycoloth istnt so good.. its slow and easy to stop in time and if it had devoured all your small stuff u lose everything on the table.. maybe some card advantage or some cheap fatty would help you?
tchiseen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got trolled, lols!
axman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xctu wrote:
thats Mycoid sheperd not Mycoloth, axman.
Mycoloth does suck and everyone (should) know it

my bad. I thought it was a different card.
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not quite trolling, and mycolith is fucking horrid... unless it lives for more than a turn I can gather up some records

http://www.magic-league.com/tournament/info.php?id=60982&view=players

feel free to check results... ALSO this side for this deck was at the moment I tossed random shit into it sooo thats why I lost to ehri
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1