Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does ROE change standard?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
spudfuss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
kumagmd wrote:
Tarmogoyf was originally a "useless" labeled card. It was worth 1 US dollar at shops worldwide.

Please, feel free to eat your foot once those "useless" cards get their usefulness realized.

Feel free to eat your foot when you realize something like that is never gonna happen again thanks to the mythic rarity.

Yes because when vampire nocturnus came out it was totally a $25 card o wait.
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudfuss wrote:
jonproject wrote:
kumagmd wrote:
Tarmogoyf was originally a "useless" labeled card. It was worth 1 US dollar at shops worldwide.

Please, feel free to eat your foot once those "useless" cards get their usefulness realized.

Feel free to eat your foot when you realize something like that is never gonna happen again thanks to the mythic rarity.

"o wait", you realize it never went under $15?
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If magic is not careful, it will kill it's own game. Luckily, it has a strong competitive group that continue the push for expansion sets, but the majority of casual players feel disenfranchised from all the change that WotC is bringing about in the way of rules and such.
JustKenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOTC said that there will be level helpers and that the best level cards were to be in WU. Also i think everyone needs to be losing this "i will win by kicking in your face" attitude the whole reason for this new set was to draw out games and make late game decks viable. why just ramp into big cards when you can put down walls and play control to stall into them. defender is going to be huge in this set they already spoiled a better version of one of the best walls ever made Wall of Blossoms <= Wall of Omens
Mykrob56
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
spudfuss wrote:
jonproject wrote:
kumagmd wrote:

Where are you buying cards???

I could've gotten then for $6 a month after M10 Came out.
mchosa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ye
nocturnus was a shit mythic til zen was released
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mykrob56 wrote:
jonproject wrote:
spudfuss wrote:
jonproject wrote:
kumagmd wrote:

Where are you buying cards???

I could've gotten then for $6 a month after M10 Came out.

blackborder, star city games, channelfireball, ebay......

and to be accurate, nocturnus spiked in price the second zendikar started being spoiled, which was about a month after M10. that's when everyone realized we were gettin' some vamps.

This is a stupid argument, anyway. Tarmogoyf is never going to happen again, guys. The Future League guarantees it. I know I'm a victim of trying to look smart on the internet, but this is just getting dumb.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
I still don't get your argument, you're saying that amazing cards will never go unnoticed again because of mythic rarity?

I'm saying that there's much lower odds of having a card jump from one dollar to eighty dollars like Tarmogoyf. Even junk mythic rares are worth a few dollars, maybe 3-4 minimum. And if they have chance of playability, it usually jumps up to a cool 10-12 on that merit alone.

Felidar Sovereigns are worth about 4-5 bucks a pop. Who the hell is playing, or even wants, Felidar Sovereign?

And on top of all that, you know Wizards is cracking down on overpowered cards. If you haven't noticed, the Standard cardpools have felt lackluster lately because it's usually made up of a lot of rather strong cards, but nothing over-the-edge gamebreaking.

But hey. That's what the players say they want. Whenever Wizards prints a card that is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of everything else, people complain and bitch and moan like there's no tomorrow. I for one enjoy playing with broken cards. I got into Magic so I could play powerful cards that shut out my opponents. That's fun for me.

When I first started playing, my store ran a Vintage tournament once a month, and I got to see people with actual copies of Black Lotus and Ancestral Recall. I also got to watch people win on the back of completely broken interactions like Uba Mask/Goblin Tinkerer or Darksteel Colossus/Tinker (remember when Colossus was the best thing to Tinker for? hah) And that's what I built my love for the game on.

And that's why all my cards are up for sale on eBay. I just don't enjoy playing Standard and Extended Magic anymore, and there just isn't enough support for for the fun, older, more "broken" formats.

Sorry for the huge rant, I'm pretty sure I promised my last one would be my last.

EDIT: Powerful cards are why I friggin' love the crap out of EDH and think it's the game's one saving grace.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDH is an awsome format, wish they would run competative events in that format. However with the amount of time it takes with 4 people all playing one game at once never going to happen.
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like random format a lot...you wind up with some really broken things.
Bolt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momentous Fall and Mul-Daya Channelers make jund unbeatable, anybody who says so is a retard.
kaamos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, thats the problem with competitive gameplay nowadays.

Developers of multiplayer games (of all kinds) who draw in enough people eventually react to people crying when a skilled intelligent player beats them senseless.

Its unfair to us good gamers, tbh.
AlexTrebek

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt wrote:
Momentous Fall and Mul-Daya Channelers make jund unbeatable, anybody who says so is a retard.

Wha?
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt wrote:

So I guess I'm not a ruh-tard. Cool.
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolt wrote:
anybody who says so is a retard.

Agreed for channelers in jund. Fall has potential even if control's popularity looks like it is going to shoot up. With cards like inquisition and consuming vapors being spoiled every day and just about every color getting card draw it seems like RoE might have a decent effect on the meta after all.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3