Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who makes the best fries in the world?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
boeda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you americano's think you own the world... May be you do, but not the world of fries! Best fries by far are the homemade fries you can get anywhere in Belgium. Not made in a factory but actual sliced and prebaked potatoe, its true, they still exist!

And on top of that some good old mayonaise and saté-sauce, but you dont have that either in the best country of the world... What a shame.
dv8r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly find all the American replies on this thread absolutely hilarious... because it's clear that none of them have ever been to Belgium or tried Belgian pommes-frittes.

the best fries in the world are purchasable in Flage (damn lack of accents on ml forum), Brussels, but I've had very good fries in Place Jourdain, Brussels (this is probably one of the most famous Chip makers in the world, and the queues can get ridiculous at time). That said, I've been pretty unimpressed by the variable quality of frittes from Northern Belgium, in particular places like Ostende (although Antwerpe has a couple of nice places...), and don't even get me started on the soggy mess that they Dutch seem to like....

And no, I'm not Belgian...
Majik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love homecooked fries. All this belgian fry talk, I am going to have to make a trip t Belgium just for the fries!!

You can take potatoes, cut them, ad pu them in th emicrowave to make fries too Smile
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
I honestly find all the American replies on this thread absolutely hilarious... because it's clear that none of them have ever been to Belgium or tried Belgian pommes-frittes.

the best fries in the world are purchasable in Flage (damn lack of accents on ml forum), Brussels, but I've had very good fries in Place Jourdain, Brussels (this is probably one of the most famous Chip makers in the world, and the queues can get ridiculous at time). That said, I've been pretty unimpressed by the variable quality of frittes from Northern Belgium, in particular places like Ostende (although Antwerpe has a couple of nice places...), and don't even get me started on the soggy mess that they Dutch seem to like....

not everyone has been to Belgium
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christ, i've already said this: i've been to belgium and had your goddamn fries. THEY'RE NOTHING SPECIAL. I GET THE SAME EXACT FRIES AT EVERY INDEPENDENT BURGER JOINT IN AMERICA.
Taodd
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checker's (aka rallys) are the best, after that Arbys curly fries. But the seasoning at Red Robin is the bomb! McDonald's fries are great if they're fresh but still not better than Checker's or Arby's.
Stalwart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off McDonald's makes there fries out of dough and not potatoes so that shouldn't even count and next....Five Guys has the best fries. Period. If you don't believe me or have never eaten at a Five Guys...go eat there. Best Fries Ever!
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing I think everyone who says Belgium fries are the best are kinda iffy. For 3 reasons really...

1. Theres no REAL way to say what the best fries in the world are, you haven't tried them all. So really you are stating your opinion vs. other opinions. And why would Belgium fries be better then any other fries, it's not like that whole country(I assume it's a country, I'm drunk so I don't remember) makes the exact same fries.

2. Since theres no real way to tell who makes the best fries the simplest way to look at it, is who mass markets the best fries. And that means fast food wise. Because you can name some random bar but hardly anyone will ever even get the chance to eat there. And in that case: A GOOD McDonalds > Rallys

3. Your mom.
TheDarkener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:

So at GP Brussels I have 2 foods to look forward to...fries and sprouts!
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody's mentioned carls junior's crisscut fries... or jack in the box's curly fries. those two lead in the fry varietys in each respect.

of the regular golden fries, I'd say that in-n-out (southwest united states only chain... feel bad for all you who can't have it) ANIMAL STYLE fries are f'ing AMAZING!!.

you might be able to google the recipe or anything... but it's best hot, fresh, and from the in-n-out friers.
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thrasher's Fries" Serve the best french fries.

They only sell fries, and they're only open in Ocean City, MD.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3