Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why cant I join the IRC server?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Terrardar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Why cant I join the IRC server? Reply with quote

It says the address is banned, which I'm guessing is my IP. Can anyone tell me why im banned? I've played 1 game on the server..
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you were not notified why you were banned, there is a chance your hostmask had some splash damage hit from another player's ban. however, if you're banned from the server, there's nothing we can do, as the server is owned by solidIRC. if you mean the #magic-league channel, try using a different client than the site one (something I recommend for EVERYONE to do....) and connect that way. you'll be able to join other channels for sure and enjoy full functionality.
Terrardar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: hrm Reply with quote

I can join the solid irc server and I can join other channels.. I'm using exactly what this site said to use to connect. I cant join the "#magic-league" channel" "#magic-league unable to join channel (address is banned)" If I have to join the chat another way, can you be more specific with what I should use to join it? I've never used a glorified notepad to chat with, not that H4X05 1337. I generally dont chat online, I get enough social interaction with people I dont like at work. Very Happy I'm on a centurytel isp list. I dont agree with a broad brush ban on people by ISP. There are more direct way of giving someone a ban by their ip. Dynamic IP addresses rarely cycle, odds are they would be banned for quite a while before they were able to log in. Unless they unplugged their modem for several days until their dhcp lease expired.. At any rate, someone help me! I was really enjoying the site here, too bad I only got 1 tourney in before something flubbed up. And Six, thanks for your help so far Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1