Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Anialator Deck with rise Cards, Help Needed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Josh_MTG_3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: NEW Anialator Deck with rise Cards, Help Needed Reply with quote

3 Eye of Ugin
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Verdant Catcombs
2 Swamp
2 Forest
2 Dragonskull Summit
2 Raving Ravine
4 Savage lands
2 Rootbound Crag

4 Emrakrul, eons
4 Emrakrul's Hatcher
4 Overgrown Battlement
4 Ulamog, gyre
2 Kozilek, butcher

4 Skittering Invasion
4 Realms Uncharted
4 All is dust
2 Corpsehatch
2 Rampant Growth

I need help making this deck competitive if its possible, im currently like 0 -6 with it haha but lemme know what you guys think for ideas n such, thanks, josh.
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

well im not sure about all the cards but you only need 2 eye of ugins, you can only have 1 down at a time anyway, so its just holding card space. Plus you only need 3 of the legendary creatures like aeon and such because the same thing, have a bit more mana acceleration like arbor elf or llanowar, may not be where you wanna go, but with greens acceleration, green is dominant in ROE.
Kienan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Apathy says, you need more mana acceleration; that seems to be this deck's main problem...it's too damn slow.

As it is, you'll be dead long before you can get out your Annihilators. Your curve here is awful. You've got very little early game, and tons of late game. In combination with the lack of acceleration, this deck can't do much in its current form.

Also agree about taking out one Eye; remember that the Eye can't add mana to your pool directly, it simply reduces the cost. So for the sake of everything but your Emrakul, Ulamog, Kozilek, Invasion, and All Is Dust, you'll be the equivalent of a land behind.

If you really want to go the path of the Eldrazi, I'd focus on getting them out as early as possible, which means tons of mana ramp. You could use Elf ramp, try Defender ramp thanks to the Battlement, or something else. Maybe experiment with a Green-Red version, using green for acceleration and red to give your guys haste. Even an early Crusher will wreck your opponent.

And I'd stay away from Emrakul, unless you have a plan to cast her. 15 is really, really steep in most decks. If you want to use her, maybe try only one, and make sure you have a way to cast her if you draw. Ulamog is also a little expensive, I prefer Kozilek's ability myself, but that's just me. Skittering Invasion may be too vulnerable, although we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Maybe add more consistent acceleration like Birds or Harrow instead. Realms Uncharted looks great here, although you'll most likely end up with an Eye and a Temple in your graveyard.

Also, Explosive Revelation would go great, considering all your expensive Eldrazi. Finally, you lack any sort of control, and since this isn't a fast deck, that's a problem. You may want to add some damage, destroy, or exile effects here. If you stick with some black, Terminates might be nice to add a bit of board control.

Again, main problem is your lack of ramp and an early game. Always remember to focus on how you're going to win games when you're deckbuilding. Simply having a bunch of crazy powerful, crazy expensive creatures in your deck won't help you if you can't play them.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 explore
4 rampant growth
4 everflowing chalice
4 treasure hunt
3 into the roil
4 all is dust
3 Kozilek
2 Ulamog
2 Emrakul
4 Skittering Invasion

4 tectonic edge
4 eldrazi temple
4 Dread Statuary
7 Forest
7 Island

sb
4 negate
4 flashfreeze
4 tanglesap
3 Domesticate
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBr is probably the best.

You get ramp and disruption

4 x Rampant Growth
4 x Harrow
3 x Duress
3 x Blightning

Plus the Eldrazi shell that you you have.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come ON people, try to be more imaginative! Lose all the non-essential Eldrazi, throw in Iona.

+4 Summoning Trap
+3 Elvish Piper.

Go from there. Fine, since the Eldrazi just enters the battlefield, their "casting" trigger does not apply, but they still have Protection from Coloured Spells and Annihilate.

In fact, if you'd like to go creative, run as much mana acceleration as you dare, and dive into a third colour (assuming you got Green and Red as your primaries) white, for Realm Razer and Mayael the Anima.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and learn how to spell. that's the real key to victory.

www.dictionary.com
JustKenny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to me that a bant deck would work the best. wall of denial is a must then the new wall that taps for mana, wall of reverence is also a must. keep a UW controlish spell set. while throwing in green piper-trap/ramp?
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junk might work.

3 Lotus Cobra
4 KotR
3 Oracle
4 Ulamog
4 Emrakul

4 Explore
4 Grim Discovery
4 Realms Uncharted
4 Summoning Trap

Getting 4 temple and an eye in play should be fairly easy. I would only play 1 eye but I wouldn't worry about playing 4 of the big guys. If either of them swings you should win and you won't be casting two of them on the same turn that often. I am not sure I like the defender manadork idea. The best defender/manadork in standard doesn't have the defender ability.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1