Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

missing sets

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: missing sets Reply with quote

so I was taking a step back in time just now by exploring my options in an EDH deck, and I noticed in my searches that cards I know exist, like priest of titania, apparently don't exist. after a bit of digging, I found that entire sets, like urza's destiny and Onslought, are completely missing. as in I set the filter to show just that set and nothing appears.

is this a problem with my computer, or the masterbase I downloaded?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest to get the masterbase from www.slightlymagic.net
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little research and found that it's actually a problem with the vista operating system.

the way the system works is that when you run a program under a non-administrator, it create's a seperate clone file folder of the directory that the thing runs in. somehow it doesn't copy all of the data correctly, and random sets go missing. by running it as an administrator, it fixes everything and all cards become available.

so yeah... the masterbase is fine.
Kienan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you probably already know this, but if you have, say, Standard legal sets set as your MAIN, you won't be able to see older sets. You have to select all cards, set as MAIN, then open the cards you want to see.

@bigtink: That might be part of your problem, too. When in doubt, select Open Libraries and reopen the Master.mwBase. Works for me, when I run into problems.

Just now I accidentally saved a deck as my masterbase, as a matter of fact. I was helping someone with converting .dec to .mwDeck, and it saved it as my masterbase. Reopening the masterbase fixed it for me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1