Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Jund Question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: A Jund Question Reply with quote

So I'm still trying to become a better jund player (I just started running jund about a week ago and I'm still tweaking my deck).

My decklist currently is:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: jund

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
3 [H09] Forest
2 [H09] Mountain
1 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
3 [WWK] Raging Ravine
2 [H09] Rootbound Crag
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
3 [H09] Swamp
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
3 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax

// Spells
2 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [DDD] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
2 [ARB] Terminate

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M10] Great Sable Stag
SB: 2 [ARB] Thought Hemorrhage
SB: 2 [WWK] Chain Reaction
SB: 3 [M10] Dragon's Claw
SB: 3 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 2 [M10] Deathmark

My main question is.... Can I win the Jund Mirror with my current sideboard? I really haven't played the mirror much, I've been playing against mainly bant in league matches/minis.... In real life I am in a metagame where I will play against jund at least three times in every tournament I go to.

What are the best ways to win in the jund mirror? What sideboard cards should I use to get an advantage in this match-up? Are ruinblasters essential for winning this match?

Currently the only thing I have for the jund mirror is great sable stag.... is that enough to win it?

Thanks for any input/comments/suggestions you have for my deck and/or sideboarding strategies. Smile
kumagmd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most Jund mirrors are won by goblin ruinblaster destroying those essential lands. Just a suggestion.
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also up the count on the Deathmarks. They might not be amazing in the mirror match, but they will kill plenty of things in so many other matchups. I play 4 in my SB for Jund, but that's because my meta is packed with Mythic, Naya, White Weenie, etc. But yes, for the mirror, you definitely need at least 3 Ruinblasters, preferably 4. You'd like to be the first one of the two of you to blow up a Savage Lands.
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way to win any match playing jund is to sneak a 5th blightning into the deck when no one is looking.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not cut the dragon claws ive been playing jund for a while and your the deck has a terrible match vs mono red. Ruinblaster is good and i would add him in over the bloodwitch. Most of the threats that white has vs you u can handle with terminate or deathmark.
Also i would cut garruk for master of the wild hunt, he helps with get rid of kor firewalker and in the long game he can dominate the board.
Rath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Deathmark with Doom Blade. They're invaluable against the red decks, and deal with opposing man-lands in naya or bant.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rath wrote:
Replace Deathmark with Doom Blade. They're invaluable against the red decks, and deal with opposing man-lands in naya or bant.

deathmark is better, u have bolts and terminates for man-lands already
DareDevil85

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use Doom Blade instead of Deathmark. Its wrong to say that one of those Spells is better than the other.

But it is a fact that Doom Blade hits more Creatures than Deathmark does and its also a fact that Instant Speed is a nice advantage.

Because of that, Doom Blade > Deathmark.

For the Mirror Question:
Goblin Ruinblaster is an overaged tech. He's only useful in Mirror and only if opp doesnt play rampant jund.

The best way to kick the Mirror is to have some Additional Discard. Mind Rots. 3 Maelstrom out, 3 Mind Rots in. Then -2 Leech -1 Thrinax and +3 Great Sable Stag. Though its not a "I-Win" anymore, GSS is still a valuable drop in Mirror.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1