Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB Stompy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
SidMeier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have 5 maelstrom pulse, what do disfigures and smothers kill that doom blade doesnt?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 lands is far too many

Also you need Bloodghast for a strong recurring strategy here.
xDem0n

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

run vines over zendikon?
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably cut boa, fleshbag, terramorphic and necro for bloodghast, nighthawk, savage lands and GSS. I would also try to work 1 more garruk in. Stompy decks can always take out a deck if it stumbles badly but in close games garruk is going to be your win con. You really don't have a great answer to white knight. Siding out scythe and noble for deathmark and infest might work against WW if it is really that big of a problem.
fatherphil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so clearly everyone that has responded to this post never played back in the day when 10-16 land stompy was the best deck. it's suppose to be mono green but green isnt good enough right now. to the guy that said vampires is stompy. youre wrong, what this guy has here is a stompy deck

congrats on your turn 3 doj. im proud of you, next turn he plays his whole hand of creatures. so what if he sacs another land, use your path on that tiger.

the tiger is the most under rated card right now. its a beefed up rouge elephant which is an amazing card. I would keep testing this. but I would try adding boredland ranger get those lands out of the deck. original stompys ran stuff like crop rotation and what not. so some ramp spells wouldnt hurt, I would cut some lands. a deck with a curve like this doesnt need to draw lands in the late game if yo havent won already

and river boa is a house
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is pathing your 1 drops. They are just playing out their nacatls or turn 2 thoctar/KotR. This isn't ever going to be boros but that doesn't mean it can't be fun to try to improve.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2