Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URG i didnt feel like playing a tier deck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: URG i didnt feel like playing a tier deck Reply with quote

having success with its surprise and its fun

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
5 [PT] Island (1)
4 [5E] Mountain (4)
5 [ST] Forest (4)
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
3 [WWK] Raging Ravine

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Calcite Snapper
3 [ZEN] Sphinx of Lost Truths
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [10E] Birds of Paradise
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede

// Spells
4 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [ZEN] Into the Roil
4 [IN] Harrow
4 [WWK] Searing Blaze

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 3 [M10] Unsummon
SB: 4 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
McBallin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no synergy whatsover with this deck. It runs harrow for... plated geopede? Sphinx is card draw? You need to decide what your doing because just jace and bloodbraid dont make a deck good.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b4il3y wrote:
McB and Epic-J - Fail for not reading topic.

Definitely wouldn't expect that mixture of cards if I played against it.

Not being a "tiered" deck and being terrible and not synergistic aren't the same.
McBallin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey b4il3y stfu
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tird_Ape wrote:
there is no synergy whatsover with this deck. It runs harrow for... plated geopede? Sphinx is card draw? You need to decide what your doing because just jace and bloodbraid dont make a deck good.

It actually does.

Understanding why a deck wins is an important part of deckbuilding. Without this understanding it is impossible to optimize the deck.

A Terriblepile.dec running 4 Baneslayer Angels will win a lot of games.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McBallin wrote:
lol.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as a "tier" deck. There are however tier 1,2,and 3 decks. The reason for the tier system is that players needed a fast way to convey a deck's overall power level. So playing Mono Black Necro would be a "tier 1 deck". In today's terms Jund or UWr control are the "tier 1". It's a Trap, Vamps and, Boros are "tier 2". They are not the decks to beat but could still win a. tournament. Tier 3 decks are straight meta calls like playing a combo deck in a control meta that does not play discard. (Like a room full of UWr decks).
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i was just playing a fun deck wondering if someone could maybe give me a suggestion and all i got was flames and trolling jesus. Harrow is good against random Spreading seas and casting searing blaze on your opponent's turn also for geopede w/ a BBE cascading into it is pretty decent. Maybe Jace could be paired with garruk and a couple mind springs i need real feedback. (or would like it)
a_moose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...all i got was... trolling jesus"

that dude's like, the king of trolls
McBallin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you realize you just put your hand in a box of cards and said heres my deck? lol that is on of the worst decks i have ever seen.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck is not that bad, though the mana base is shaky and leans heavily on bop.

Def cut searing blaze double red is going to be hard to your for get in a timely fashion alot of the time your only going to be able to play it in your go, or your not going to have a land to make it good. Replace with lightning bolt.

I also do not like the sphinx sure being able to play it and then bounce it with jace and play it again maybe the most awsome thing ever, but thats just win more.

Jwar isle sphinx would be much better in the spot and as it makes jund aka 50% of the meta game cry.

What is unsummon for in sb, jace and into the roil seem ample bounce, this would be much better being acidic slime to complement the ruinblasers and help deal with the equips running around and it rocks vs any control deck as well.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you definitely need molten frame for the open the vaults matchup. also add a plains and swamp and you can play 4x paragon of the amesha!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2