Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RB Goblins

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
loki3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: RB Goblins Reply with quote

Goblins have some trouble in mono-red getting rid of certain white creatures (any thing big or Pro-red). So to alleviate that, splash black. You could use terminate, and I initially had it in the deck, but decided that basilisk collar on a shooter such as Goblin Artillery or Siege-Gang Commander could do the trick. And Deathmark SB instead of Terminate for Kirewalkers, BSA, KotR, etc.

Mostly this is just a concept test (I can't see myself playing this unless it can beat to see some things for myself. It is fun and it will win a lot of matches with control-ish decks (it's pretty fast, recovers from DoJ or earthquake nicely, and does well post SB). Other matchups need to be tested. A lot. Because right now it feels a bit too wishy. Can have good hands, but lacks consistancy without 2 uber-aggressive 1 drops.

If warren instigator ever does dmg on turn 3, it's usually gg one way or the other. Something nice is coming in, and either they have a wrath or they don't. So usually he gets removed. If he get's pathed, t4 you can play seige gang.

And any of the dinky goblins with basilisk collar can be pretty good. Still.... I'm not sure the deck is quite there yet. Maybe I should run some other 1 drop to make it faster... but I'd run lacerator over the 1 drop hasty 1/1 goblin from M10. But then i'd need more swamps...

Quote:

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
2 [ZEN] Swamp (1)
4 [WWK] Lavaclaw Reaches
8 [MM] Mountain (2)
2 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [M10] Goblin Chieftain
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [M10] Siege-Gang Commander
4 [ZEN] Warren Instigator
3 [M10] Goblin Artillery
3 [WWK] Slavering Nulls

// Spells
4 [ALA] Blightning
3 [M10] Sign in Blood
3 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [WWK] Basilisk Collar

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 3 [M10] Earthquake
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 4 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch

I recently cut 1 Goblin Artillery for 1 collar, and 1 mountain for the last BR manland. I probably will throw in 1 or Scalding Tarns.

Thoughts?
Very Happy
spudfuss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why goblin artillery instead of sparkmage? i know you gain more life but at the same time you have to wait a turn for him to be online.
loki3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know...
but he's also a goblin, and beats with goblin king, or is a free drop with instigator.

but still, i'm not sure which i care about more.
loki3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also goblin artillery without b-collar is a bolt to the face. i dunno though

the deck works well against allies 3-0, but then again, allies aren't exactly top tier... but i guess i get crappy decks when my game has a title like "trying a T2 deck". I should probaly just say "T2 deck test, bring X" where X is the deck i want to test against.
nchawk
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, made me think up a RW idea with the siege gang commander and b.collar + stoneforge mystic... sick =)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1