Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combat damage step

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Kienan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thran_Golem wrote:
You may have been a little slow, but the awesome that this post exudes easily makes up for it. I think the bazzam was the best part.

Very Happy

Thanks.

Really, though, that guy is a moron. Why could he play a spell and expect to not allow a response? Rolling Eyes

That's a totally reasonable interpretation of the "combat damage doesn't use the stack" rule change. </sarcasm>
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

That's what I thought... But trying to explain that to a guy who doesn't want to listen... eheh Anyway, I could had be wrong, we never know all the rules, and asking isn't that hard, so... Now I'm sure about it! Wink

He even started to quoting combat stage rules, and combat damage rules, etc... That guy was absolutely sure of what he was saying... Usually they start calling noob to the opponent, say that we are the ones that don't know rules and leave... But not this one... He was so sure of it, with all his rule quoting and "judge talking"... lol He was capable of betting all his money on his certain about that rule...

When I think that I had seen it all, this guy appears... eheh

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Combat damage step Reply with quote

Bantos86 wrote:
Combat damage no longer uses the stack. It used to, but not anymore. So this is the flow of combat now.

a) Beginning of combat phase. Players can play spells and abilities before proceeding to the Declare Attackers step.

b) Declare Attackers. Once you reach this step, neither player can cast spells or abilities until you have finished declaring your attackers. Once they have all been declared, tap them (except those with Vigilance). After that, players can play spells and abilities.

c) Declare Blockers. Once you reach this step, neither player can cast spells or abilities until you have finished declaring your blockers. Once they have all been declared, players can play spells and abilities.

d) Combat damage. Combat damage is assigned and dealt. This does not use the stack, and players cannot play spells or abilities before the damage is dealt. After all damage has been assigned, creatures that have been dealt lethal damage will be destroyed and sent to the graveyard. If a creature with First Strike or Double Strike was involved in combat, there is a second Combat Damage step, where the same thing happens. When ALL combat damage has been dealt and creatures with lethal damage destroyed, players may cast spells and abilities.

e) End of combat. Players may cast spells and abilities before moving on to the second Main Phase.

let's detail the combat damage step:

510.1 damage is assigned, active player first, then non-active players in turn order

510.2 damage is dealt simultaneously

510.3 triggered abilities go on the stack, active player first, then non-active players in turn order

510.4 active player receives priority

this means players get to cast spells and activate abilities between first strike damage and regular damage, unlike what i understand from your post
Kienan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you get to cast spells and activate abilities at the end of the combat damage step, so if two combat damage steps occur (due to first strike or double strike) you can cast spells or activate abilities at the end of the first one, but before the second.

Makes for some interesting uses for Quest for the Gemblades. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2