Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What planeswalker can we expect in M11?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
SupermanML

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: What planeswalker can we expect in M11? Reply with quote

We saw reprints in m10 form the first walkers. Will Elspeth/Ajani V make it to m11?
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elspeth hopefully that would be nice, and nico bolas!
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajani Vengeant is doubtful, mostly because he's gold and they don't put gold cards in the Core Sets (unless they plan to change that with M11, which they might, ya never know). Elspeth would be nice, she's good, and maybe more copies of her in circulation would help drop her price tag just a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tezzeret in there also, since the rumor is that the next block is a return to Mirrodin. Maybe Sorin for black? Might be too early for him. Garruk & Nissa are the only mono-green ones so far, so if they re-print one for each color, one of those will be in... I hope they don't reprint Chandra for red, but who knows. Planeswalkers help sell sets, so I'm predicting there will be one per color, but we'll see.

Here's hoping for Baneslayer in M11, also!
Thran_Golem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance on Nicol Bolas ... core sets don't have two colour cards, let alone three colour.

I expect to see some newer planeswalkers in M11 - Elspeth at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Zendikar planeswalkers as well, even though there would be two copies of them in standard.
Hmmmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thran_Golem wrote:
No chance on Nicol Bolas ... core sets don't have two colour cards, let alone three colour.

I expect to see some newer planeswalkers in M11 - Elspeth at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the Zendikar planeswalkers as well, even though there would be two copies of them in standard.

There were two copies of each of the Lorwyn planeswalkers for a few months, too.
Thran_Golem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm wrote:
Thran_Golem wrote:

There were two copies of each of the Lorwyn planeswalkers for a few months, too.

A few months is different than a full year. Plus, M11 rotates out with Zendikar, so there won't even be a few months when M11 is in and Zendikar isn't.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Jund. No worries about planeswalkers. Very Happy
finOnz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you bought a wwk precon deck in it shows nissa jace elspeth sorin and i cant remember who else. thats my guess.
kaamos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple, mono color, story characters.

I believe anything thats tribal, multicolored, tier 1 strength will not remain.

Anything that came in a precon, that has utility, will.

Such as:
Garruk
Old Jace
[insert here]

Just my thinking on the conservative compilations by Wotc when it comes to core sets, half of the stuff is filler cards.

Now depending on how good the dual colored lands are will probably foreshadow the intent on power of multicolor in future sets.

Imo the recent lands that come into play untapped if you have one of the two basic colors are the strongest printed as they can have nearly no drawback.
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaamos wrote:
Simple, mono color, story characters.

I believe anything thats tribal, multicolored, tier 1 strength will not remain.

Anything that came in a precon, that has utility, will.

Such as:
Garruk
Old Jace
[insert here]

Just my thinking on the conservative compilations by Wotc when it comes to core sets, half of the stuff is filler cards.

Now depending on how good the dual colored lands are will probably foreshadow the intent on power of multicolor in future sets.

Imo the recent lands that come into play untapped if you have one of the two basic colors are the strongest printed as they can have nearly no drawback.

Pretty much this. Wizards is showing us that they're finding money by tying the five planeswalkers' stories into everything they possibly can. I doubt they're gonna let up on that any time soon.

And on a side note, I love the m10 duals. They do EXACTLY what I feel a balanced dual land should do. Even though they make basically no sense flavor-wise. Then again, lands never make sense flavor-wise.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer shocklands, as they add a small skill element but wizards seem to prefer random cards to skillful cards:<
SJM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Jace Mind Sculptor to reduce the insane prices.

But that's not Wizard's style I guess. They prefer insanely high prices to drive demand for product/packs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1