Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best draft formula

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: The best draft formula Reply with quote

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by nopenopenope on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you've found the way every non-sanctioned draft works.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here I thought i'd find an in-depth and well thought out report on how to best create a limited deck in a draft format =/
asamodious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay...ive been doing that since 96'.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open a foil Jace, you want to keep it. I like normal drafts more because they're a lot faster and less troublign at the end. "there are 3 rares missing" =[
It's also more comfortable to newer players, as they keep whatever they open. Not get some 3x Crap, while the better players get the goodies.
It's fine in a non-sanctioned draft without random players, but once the draft is open for everyone, I do "rarekeep" drafts only. Makes the customers come back.
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, we're about 16 to draft each time, so I think poeple aren't afraid to lose and get bad cards. If you play draft to not do the best deck as you can and only pick rares, why you don't buy 3 boosters and open them?
I play draft because it's the best format ever I don't want it to be ruined by noobs who pick foil rare land instead of the uncommun that perfectly fit into their deck.

Flippi, at the end of the draft, all cards are always there.

Btw, it is not legal to do sanctionned draft this way?
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
When you open a foil Jace, you want to keep it. I like normal drafts more because they're a lot faster and less troublign at the end. "there are 3 rares missing" =[
It's also more comfortable to newer players, as they keep whatever they open. Not get some 3x Crap, while the better players get the goodies.
It's fine in a non-sanctioned draft without random players, but once the draft is open for everyone, I do "rarekeep" drafts only. Makes the customers come back.

QFT
FrostFire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is perfect if its with 8 people you know fairly well. Otherwise like flippi said, at the end of the draft there is bound ot be 1-2 cards missing, I mean hell if i ripped a foil jace i prolly would keep my mouth shut and throw it in my main collection during deckbuild.

Actually I wouldn't do that but half the other people I play with would. As for newcomers, the current format is best and personally I like when some newb drafts a fetch over a card he needs. Helps my rating and helsp me get more pax for drafts.
MotC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is how my FNM does our drafts, but its $10 for the draft.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an fnm draft for christ sake take the money rare and win anyway.
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know everybody in draft and there is never any card missing.
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15$ buy in packs to pay out to top players AND drafting out rares at the end. big tournys normaly gaurentee bad players good cards

Pay is normaly 15-25$ store credit, or packs and 5-15 $ store credit or fewer packs depending how you want it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1