Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trample question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Trample question Reply with quote

Hi...

I had always played like this, and I really think that I know this rule pretty well, but lately more and more opponents keep saying that I'm wrong... (Maybe cause they dont like to loose, maybe cause they are noobs, or maybe cause that's me who is wrong...) lol

So, just to be sure...

You are attacking with a creature with trample, and your opponent blocks it with any creature. After that you kill the blocking creature with somekind of removal (no matter which one).
Trample damage, can be assigned entirely to my opponent if the blocking creature are not on play anymore when damage is assigned...

Am I right?

Thanks for your help,
cHaKaL_rBn
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer! Wink
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all trample means is a creature with trample must assign damage at least equal to the total toughness of creatures blocking it - any remaining damage may be assigned to defending player.
in the case of killing a blocker before damage, there is a total toughness of zero blocking your trampler and you may assign all damage to defending player.
on a creature with double strike and trample, if first strike kills the blocker and you are left with zero total toughness blocking your attacker with trample before normal combat damage, fell free to deal all remaining damage to defending player.
Thran_Golem

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:
on a creature with double strike and trample, if first strike kills the blocker and you are left with zero total toughness blocking your attacker with trample before normal combat damage, fell free to deal all remaining damage to defending player.

Just thought i'd emphasize that part, in case anybody reading this gets the wrong impression. If a creature with double strike that does not have another ability (such as trample) gets blocked, it will not deal combat damage to the player.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1