Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can someone explain how 27 points didnt t8 ?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
FrostFire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: can someone explain how 27 points didnt t8 ? Reply with quote

Maybe i read this wrong but it looks like a vampire deck had 27 points at pt SD and didnt t8 somehow? I'm a newb when it comes to irl magic so plz explain how this happened.

here is the link to top decks.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/ptsd10/topstddecks
whoempah_666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the pro tour is not only standard
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause u need to do well in draft also
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah person must suck at limited, 9-1 std record, prob 1-5 limited record or something like that.
FrostFire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh well that makes sense, are all PT's done this way? Limited/Constructed?
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are sadly.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you looked closely you would've noticed that out of the 4 people that had 27 points in standard, not a single one top8ed.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the big tournaments are always both constructed and limited play, is what separates the best from the good.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All it really does is demand that people test even more for the event which i guess some people like, id rather just focus on one format.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
All it really does is demand that people test even more for the event which i guess some people like, id rather just focus on one format.

if you focus on being well fluent in one area, are you considered an expert, or are you considered a professional?

this is the mtg pro tour, keep in mind.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say your at the pro tour so you need to be both. I would consider an expert someone who has a maserful grasp of a format and alot of experience. Fir example Stepehen Mendian (sorry for spelling) in vintage would be an expert.

And a pro some one who is capebale to playing magic to the highest level. eg. LSV, PV

Before if you really put the time into the format and had the skills you stood a chance. Now you can do that in std or limited and can still fail based on your performance in another. It requires a broader range of skills, so you need to have more knowledge than before.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with that not a fan of standard but you kinda feel these kids who spend there life testing standard and nothing else deserve there time in the spot light, sad as they maybe.
SJM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard is pretty much garbage right now and some dude playing Jund or Vampires to a decent record does not impress me.

Some dude playing some crazy ass Open the Vaults deck to an "ok" record then drafting Zendikar block (a terrific draft block) to an overall top 8 record impresses me.

I think the split format is the best thing to ever happen to the game.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1