Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BGW Rock

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Nevian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
you have no white creatures worth saving with brave the elements

use vines of vastwood

does world queller do anything? it seems to cost the same as baneslayer which I hear does something

it would be cute to kill equipment(w/queller) that enemy mystics tutor up but you have your own and a pithing needle making your chances for profitable artifact removal greatly reduced

you have duresses which are great versus certain decks but ho-hum for everyone else and a terrible top deck.

fueling the knight of reliquary engine in standard isn't easy; you're wanting to fetch man lands but then you run out of plains/forests
this might be improved with the reduction/elimation of black

Vines of vastwood good idea, I actually like that. Playing with the deck I have never used the knight's tutor ability. There is no point it is just a big creature. A 4/4 for 3 mana most of the time on turn 3. It can have some cool tech when tutoring but most of the time swinging with a 4/4 or bigger is a better choice. World Queller has been an allstar maybe play with it prior to attacking it, yes BSA is good but I am not going to buy them. Sometimes try thinking outside the box man. Duress has never been a dead card and isn't a horrible top deck. Name a deck it doesn't affect?
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have played the deck a lot. I will tell you Duress need to be on the side. I know this sounds dumb. I side in almost every match. What makes me keep it on the side is that I side out differant cards for Duress in every match. Also I do not always side in all four Duress in some matches.
Nevian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r3wind wrote:
As I have played the deck a lot. I will tell you Duress need to be on the side. I know this sounds dumb. I side in almost every match. What makes me keep it on the side is that I side out differant cards for Duress in every match. Also I do not always side in all four Duress in some matches.

Since you have been playing with it, what are some other cards you suggest switching or putting in?
Nevian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWSEST VERSION!

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [UNH] Plains
3 [UNH] Swamp
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
3 [UNH] Forest
2 [M10] Sunpetal Grove
1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
2 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse
2 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
1 [WWK] Sejiri Steppe

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Tidehollow Sculler
2 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
4 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary
3 [ZEN] World Queller
4 [ARB] Putrid Leech
2 [ZEN] Emeria Angel

// Spells
1 [CFX] Path to Exile
2 [ZEN] Brave the Elements
1 [10E] Pithing Needle
4 [7E] Duress
1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
1 [ARB] Behemoth Sledge
2 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
1 [CFX] Martial Coup
3 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
1 [ALA] Sigil of Distinction

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CFX] Path to Exile
SB: 1 [CFX] Martial Coup
SB: 3 [M10] Celestial Purge
SB: 1 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [M10] Deathmark
SB: 2 [ZEN] Ravenous Trap
SB: 2 [ARB] Qasali Pridemage

So after taking this to a local FNM I have been able to figure out where it's holes are and what this deck WANTS to do. This deck most of the time wants to drop a Swamp turn one, because of this and much creature removal, the BoPs/Nobels seemed like a dead card in my hand much of the time. First thing I did was rip them out. I added in Everflowing Chalice in their place. Where they do not mana fix they still accel me to 4 or 5 to play my Quellers(Yes I wish they were BSA) or Emeria Angels. Later I took one out to put in another equipment, that being Sigil of Distinction. I also cut one brave for a 4th Putrid Leech and took the Qusali Pridemages out of main to sideboard. Adding in 1 more land and a 2nd Emeria Angel. I also added a singleton Martial Coup. I really like the game changing this card can do in a long drawn out game.
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I like chalice in a green deck. Also, you are going to run into the same mana problems that jund did before they started running 27 land. Have you considered a standard green ramp/fixer instead of chalice like cobra or rampant if money is an issue?
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rampant has a lot more resistance to disruption if the heavy black splash is keeping him off the turn 1 green which it looks like it would.
Nevian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well he says he took out birds and nobles, noble generally fits so well in junk decks that splash black very lightly. This deck is more heavy black so I think BOP would be a much better option. I find it really weird that you never use knight's tutor ability. That's why that dude is so good. You get thinning, tricks with sejiri, extra emeria tokens, you can pull manlands if you don't have any. I would cut chalice and 1 other card for 4 birds.

Don't get me wrong I do use the Knight's tutor ability, depends on the situation. Most of the time I find her better swinging for 4/5 points of damage over some other trick. I have used the Seriji trick a few times and it is awesome trust me. Killing off a deathtouch creature or getting extra points threw tough situations is nice. During stand still situations Knight's tutor ability is an allstar. Other then those swinging with a fairly large creature is how The Rock likes to be played. I have not played much with the new build with the chalices in it and I do understand how they could let me down. Maybe a rampant growth or something would be better. I just do not like BoP or Nobel currently they just never did anything for me and I do not really need the accel to 3 mana, but to 4 and 5 is nice. Rampant may be better though with Synergy with Emeria.
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record here is my junk list:

4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Marsh Flats
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Sunpetal Grove
3 Forest
5 Plains
2 Swamp
2 Stirring Wildwood
1 Tectonic Edge
1 Sejiri Steppe

4 Steppe Lynx
2 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Tidehollow Sculler
3 Lotus Cobra
4 Knight of the Reliquary
3 Emeria Angel
4 Baneslayer Angel

1 Basilisk Collar
1 Duress
3 Path to Exile
4 Maelstrom Pulse
1 Behemoth Sledge
2 Elspeth

sb:
3 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Luminarch Ascension
2 Duress
2 Marshal's Anthem
2 Deathmark
2 Celestial Purge
1 Pithing Needle

Like yours it does take more of the screw with your curve approach rather than the standard overramp into a baneslayer.
Kami5909

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this deck, how do you search out Pithing Needle as a 1-of?
Kami5909

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mister_gaga wrote:
Kami5909 wrote:
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this deck, how do you search out Pithing Needle as a 1-of?

Stoneforge Mystic

Duress is bad against vamps and bant.

I like the deck overall though!

Stoneforge Mystic
Creature - Kor Artificer (rare)

When Stoneforge Mystic Enters the Battlefield, you may search your library for an equipment card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
, : Put an Equipment card from your hand onto the battlefield.

1/2
Artist: Mike Bierek
Card #20/145

Like I was saying, how do you search out Pithing Needle as a 1-of?
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't, it is just a marginal card that can be better than duress or skuller at times if you happen to draw it.
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an updated list for testing.

5 Plains
5 Forest
4 Stirring Wildwood
3 Verdant Catacombs
3 Marsh Flats
2 Swamp
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Sejiri Steppe

4 Noble Hierarch
4 Knight of the Reliquary
4 Baneslayer Angel
3 Tidehollow Sculler
3 Putrid Leech
2 Stoneforger Mystic

4 Path to Exile
4 Maelstrom Pluse
3 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
1 Basilisk Collar
1 Behemoth Sledge

Sideboard
4 Duress
3 Disfigure
3 Celestial Purge
3 Luminarch Ascension
2 Day of Judgment

The 2 Day of Judgment should be one more. Disfigure is pretty helpful in the RDW, Landphail Boros, and Allies matches. I would like to play M. Fall in the 75 but just can't make the cuts. I would also like to work in some Mind Shatter into the 75 vs WU/WUx Tap Out. Jund seems to be an 50/50 match up.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3