Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Decide

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Kilink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Can't Decide Reply with quote

I recently bought the Brute Force intro pack to start playing magic...again...

but I don't know if I should make it a Mono Green fatties or a Red Green...token maker? Land acceletor-damage...I really don't know a lot of Red Green decks...any help?

This is what I have managed to build so far. And no I don't look forward to play any tournaments and no, saying "Throw them and play Jund" is not an option either.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
11 [ZEN] Mountain (Cool
10 [ZEN] Forest (Cool
1 [CFX] Ancient Ziggurat
2 [WWK] Khalni Garden
1 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
3 [M10] Borderland Ranger
1 [WWK] Deathforge Shaman
2 [WWK] Summit Apes
1 [WWK] Cunning Sparkmage
1 [WWK] Terastodon
2 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
2 [ZEN] Greenweaver Druid
3 [M10] Raging Goblin
1 [WWK] Pilgrim's Eye
1 [WWK] Wolfbriar Elemental

// Spells
2 [M10] Giant Growth
1 [ZEN] Zektar Shrine Expedition
3 [WWK] Explore
2 [M10] Act of Treason
3 [M10] Lightning Bolt
1 [WWK] Bestial Menace
2 [WWK] Searing Blaze
1 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
1 [WWK] Crusher Zendikon
3 [M10] Overrun
Kienan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, right off the bat I can see that you aren't putting red to as much use as you could. You're also running GGG cards (and more, Wolfbriar Elemental really wants to get kicked more than once, especially with all the acceleration) in a deck with only 14 green sources. True, you can dig up some lands from your library, but I'm still not sure it's enough. Add to that the limited red presence and, if those are the cards you have to work with at the moment, you may be better off just going monogreen, considering most of your power comes from there anyway. The exceptions being Bolts, Acts of Treason, and perhaps the Shrine.

However, if you don't mind spending a few dollars on commons and uncommons to flesh out the deck, you could make a pretty fast Green/Red beatdown deck with more Giant Growth and/or Colossal Might, another Bolt, and the like. The Quests are also decent. Khalni Heart Expedition instead of some of your other accel, perhaps. Quest for Pure Flame, Quest for Gemblades, and maybe more Zektar Shrines could all be put to use. Considering all the acceleration, the Shrine and Heart expeditions would both go well, and you might as well throw in four Plated Geopedes for a Landfall subtheme. Maybe three more Terramorphic Expanses as well.

Keep in mind synergy, tempo, and efficiency and you can make a very sweet casual deck without needing many more cards than you already have. Speed is the key here, I think.

That's my take on it anyway, you're welcome to do your own thing, of course.
Kilink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooow O.o that's really helpful. I was also considerng adding up a couple of Garruk's for untapping land and MAYBE a Sarkhan Vol, the last one pretty much cause I like him more than if he goes with the deck but you get the idea.

Thanks for the help man, really appreciated
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1