Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapest Competitve Legacy Deck?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Cheapest Competitve Legacy Deck? Reply with quote

A small cardshop where I play is having a sanctioned legacy tournament and I don't have a deck.... I was trying to come up with something that could potentially win, but didn't cost more than like... 40 or 50 dollars total (I don't have the older cards, but I have most everything from timespiral block forward).

I was thinking something like this for my list:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: reddeckswin

// Lands
11 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

// Creatures
4 [TO] Grim Lavamancer
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [CFX] Hellspark Elemental
4 [GP] Scorched Rusalka

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [EX] Price of Progress
1 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [CHK] Lava Spike
4 [VI] Fireblast
4 [FD] Magma Jet

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
SB: 3 [4E] Red Elemental Blast
SB: 3 [SHM] Smash to Smithereens
SB: 2 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 [DD2] Incinerate

All I would need to buy for this are the grim lavamancers and the price for progress's.... is this deck worth buying for legacy or will I just get totally stomped?

Also, if there is an even cheaper deck that could win, feel free to let me know.
toor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have goyfs?

Dont play scorched rusalka.

Burn is definitely the cheapest deck.
kikooo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn is an OK deck if you compare its cost to its effectiveness, but to be honest you shouldn't expect it to take down any competent players who play a tier 1 deck.
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to come up with something that could potentially win, but didn't cost more than like... 40 or 50 dollars total

i'm sure most people didn't see that part sink holes? Duels lol 50 bucks people.
jordman2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want to play a cheap deck well is the cheapest and most competive deck in legacy make 1land belcher the deck is about 150-200$ to make you can just run stomping ground instead of taiga
this is what i recemend to you although you lose to the decks that run Force of will. just a heads up Cool
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest competitive legacy decks:
Merfolk
Goblins
Ichorid (no LED)
Belcher

Any way you slice it you'll be spending a decent chunk of change, but those decks at least don't cost more than decks in other constructed formats.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1