Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG LD for starcity 5k

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: RG LD for starcity 5k Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [M10] Rootbound Crag
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
2 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
6 [ZEN] Mountain (4)
8 [ZEN] Forest (4)

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
4 [M10] Acidic Slime
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
2 [WWK] Terastodon

// Spells
4 [M10] Rampant Growth
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [WWK] Explore
4 [WWK] Roiling Terrain
3 [ZEN] Lavaball Trap
2 [8E] Demolish
1 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Lavaball Trap
SB: 4 [ZEN] Grazing Gladeheart
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 1 [ZEN] Mold Shambler
SB: 2 [ALA] Naturalize
SB: 3 [WWK] Chain Reaction

I have had tremendous success with this deck so far, the list is very solid and ive been testing it for about 2-3 weeks now.

just looking for any ideas or whatever u guys may have. but as it is right now the list is solid
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vs the top decks

Jund is always going to be a game but they are very vulranable to ld as there deck relys heavily on color, throw them off on a turn 3 ld followed up by a t4 slime or another ld and its most likly gg. ruinblaster and 4th lavaball get boared in after g1 dude to the fact that lava just kills every creautre they own.

vamps is not much of a difficult game just ld them and beat, pretty striaght forward

grixis/ control it all depends alot of control decks run alot of tapped lands and if i can get a t3 ld and screw there mana base im in good hands, ruinbalster come in for these games

aggro can and cannot be a tough one, i have chain reaction plus gladhart in board vs boros/rdw

all in all the one card that is the biggest threat for this deck is abyssal prosecutor. hes big enough to avoid the lava ball and yet if he gets in a few times i cant kill him anyway. so thats only tough card

all in all very happy how this is working out and no one is expecting it so i also get the element of suprise
rwitko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really secret anymore if you posted it on the internet.
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha true, its a solid list and i wouldnt be suprised if ppl copied it from me. it will still be a suprise, how many ppl playing at the 5k do u think will even see this post lol.
yokai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moar Goblin Ruinblaster in mainboard
is is cascaded 4 bbe and beats
4 off in main
Tuffy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 chalice main is AWK....also with bloodbraid chalice is AWK....I would suggest cutting bloodbraid, seems bad in the deck.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against either WW or boros, you'd expect your opponent (on the play) to play between one to three creatures before you can cast a spell. I'd suggest cutting chalice for earthquake.

Also, I can't think of any deck against which ruinblaster does not destroy a land. You need to move him into the maindeck, since like acidic slime, he gives you board prescence as well as land destruction.
EvilMouseMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem is that you have no outs again the new 6/6 dude or baneslayer angerl. If they ever somehow resolve you in for it
Tuffy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruinblaster doesnt destroy any lands in eldrazi green or vamps and vamps are definately going to be there, in hoards probably.

Stupid Twilight kids
InWaking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea, but it sounds like this will lose to UW control which seems to pretty powerful. You need an answer for sphinx of jwar isle. Negates and essence scatters come online faster than your land D and a lot of decks will be playing maindeck flashfreeze which seems like a good meta choise so far.
Lava ball trap is too slow to rely on for anything to be honest. You should consider playing pyroclasm for the lil' critter removal. BBE into chalice is rather beat so I am sure you could find something better for it's place.
I was playing a RG deck and Chandra nalaar was a pretty decent answer for baneslayers although I was playing a more excellerated deck.
Also the slingbow trap idea is not really far fetched. The problem with LD is there are better cards that come online before your can even be casted, you need something to speed it up, chalice was an interesting choice but Birds of Paradise or Llanowar elves may have to be played.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a combination of master of the wild hunt and wolfbriar elemental seems like it would fit here. You could then kill baneslayer, and stuff.

As is, you're just ramping to more LD. I think you need something better than terrastodon at the top. That card gives them stuff...btw...I hope you're using it on your own lands and just owning them with 3/3's when the situation comes up...

I'd cut the elvish visionary and add at least the wolfbriar elemental. What is that in the deck for anyway? Filler? It never trades for anything... I'd go with a good finisher. Siege gang or the wolfbriar... You could splash white pretty easy and go with ajani/baneslayer as well.

Like this deck.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
I like your idea, but it sounds like this will lose to UW control which seems to pretty powerful. You need an answer for sphinx of jwar isle. Negates and essence scatters come online faster than your land D and a lot of decks will be playing maindeck flashfreeze which seems like a good meta choise so far.
Lava ball trap is too slow to rely on for anything to be honest. You should consider playing pyroclasm for the lil' critter removal.

Don't listen to this. You DO NOT have to worry about sphynx of jawar isle...Its 6 mana. They tap out, you terrastadon them and win, or lavaball trap whatever.

If you're thinking clasm, go with earthquake or fallout.

Lavaball trap IS NOT too slow to rely on at all...You have to actually TEST the card before you say stuff.
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every touched on some good points and ill talk about it.

1) BBE is so good in this deck, yes he may run into chalice once and a blue moon, but cascadeing into a ramp/bolt/elf is what hes there for.

2) the elf may seen odd but its actually a very good card for this deck. he gives me and extra card as well as explore does.

3) chalice is in there to increase my chances of a turn 3 ld. most control decks run tapped land, wether it be man lands or the cipt tri lands so if i hit a turn 3 ld vs any deck is brutal.

4) lavaball trap isnt slow at all. with chalice ramp and explore ill hit the 8 mana when i need it.

5) tested harrow and it wasnt good. doesnt help me get the t3 ld and bop or hierarch can be killed and there for screw me over.

6) i can usually keep decks off of the mana until i can win. that being said not many deck run mono color so hitting 2 ld spells on one color of their mana can really hurt them

7) as big dude pose a small threat i will be looking for ways to get around them
InWaking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of being theoretical about it message me and we'll play. i like your deck idea it's good but my points are beyond valid and instead of talking about them lets test and make it work. message me.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cut demolish and chalice for ruinblaster, it hits every deck except vamps including eldrazi green's oran-reef.
Your 9 mana guy seems weak with the theme of the deck he is a great finisher but if you blow up their lands they get 3 dudes. Which could help them stall long enough. Instead of this guy I would consider splashing black and running violent ultimatum.
This would also open your side board to terminate and thought hemorrhage.
If you don't splash black I would main deck the mold shambler. He is great vs planeswalkers. Also this would allow you to curve out hopefully with 3rd, 4th and 5th turn LD which is pretty much game over.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2