Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/W allies

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
PakTu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: U/W allies Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [M10] Glacial Fortress
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Plains (3)
1 [ZEN] Plains (1)
3 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
5 [ZEN] Island (2)

// Creatures
2 [WWK] Talus Paladin
4 [ZEN] Kazandu Blademaster
4 [WWK] Hada Freeblade
4 [WWK] Jwari Shapeshifter
3 [ZEN] Kabira Evangel

// Spells
4 [WWK] Dispel
4 [ZEN] Brave the Elements
4 [ALA] Hindering Light
4 [M10] Honor of the Pure
3 [WWK] Join the Ranks
3 [CFX] Path to Exile

So basically I play my white allies and counter their targeting spells with lots of craziness. However it seems slow, but I think there's lots of potential. I mean you can't be hurt by burn yahhh Very Happy
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar Umara Raptor obvvv... Dispel and Hindering Light seem mediocre as opposed to an all around better spell like negate (or even flashfreeze)... Needs the 4th path too as it is your only removal. also i think the 4th evangel should be played because he is stupidly good... I have not tested any of this so idk if I would listen to me but then again neither have you, I'm sure so yeah... Lol
PakTu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean umra is good, but you know with the brave the elements, i can swing for the win or counter a spell that targets my creatures. but i do know that i need counters that counter non creature stuff, those really get me bad. and i did try testing it when i posted, just that had to take care of my child Very Happy
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindering Light and Dispel are very situational and dont do what your deck wants them to do. You cant overextend into a DoJ because you don't have negate to counter it with or bluff. I suggest playing negate over the counterspells youre playing now if youre bent on playing them at all
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been testing a deck really close to this i also run 3 paths tho i run negate main you really need to be able to deal with soc speed removal main board. i love how the deck is running so far
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest Negate and maybe the 2UW counterspell from ALA block (pay 4 and gain 4 life or something)
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiQuSP wrote:
I'd suggest Negate and maybe the 2UW counterspell from ALA block (pay 4 and gain 4 life or something)

Offering to Asha is what you're thinking of.

I personally don't like that spell since it's not only a 4 mana counterspell, but isn't even a guaranteed counter. The only thing constant is that you WILL gain 4 life.

They shoulda made it like UUWW and make it the new Absorb ~_~
RiQuSP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can just play dudes turn 2-3-4 and then keep it open for wog or baneslayer )
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1