Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worldwake Top 10 list

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed
Oop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jace
2. Convertable Turtle
3. Treasure Hunt
4. ManLands(Especially Wildwood / Collonade / Ravine)
5. Abyssal Persecutor
6. Wolfbriar Elemental
7. Loam Lion
8. Urge to Feed
9. Join the Ranks (this really shouldnt make it... its an awful card but makes an awful deck SLIGHTLY playable...)
10. Haba Freeblade (After the top 6 the set is mostly unplayable... but to get to 10 you gotta pick some jank
TurinT
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jace, Mind Sculptor
2. Abyssal Persecutor
3. Manlands 1-3
4. Manlands 4&5
5. Treasure Hunt
6. Basilisk Collar
7. Stoneforge Mystic (Tutors with Body are always nice)
8. Convertible Turtle
9. Dragonmaster Outcast
10. Bloodhusk Ritualist
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jace
2. Lodestone Golem (consider old formats)
3. Loam Lion
4. Creeping Tar Pit
5. Treasure Hunt
6. Bloodhusk Ritualist
7. Abyssal Persecutor
8. Raging Ravine
9. Calcite Snapper
10. Urge to Feed

noteable mentions:
Hada Freeblade (1/2s suck, more of them is ok)
Chain Reaction (first one is great, 2nd one sucks)
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Treasure Hunt - Capable of drawing multiple cards in control decks that pack alot of lands, and which don't? Only downfall is its a sorcery, but still damn good at 2 mana.

2) Smother - One of my favorite removal spells. Kills just about everything that causes a problem in any format.

3) Jace - I just like him. So many good Blue abilities on one card. Whats not to like?

4) Kor Firewalker - Lets make RDW/AIR splash another color or lose.

5) Calcite Snapper - 3 mana for a 1/4 blocker with shroud is good for blue. But being able to be a 4/1 shroud for only 3 mana is beatdown for blue. Its blues offense and defense in one.

6) Marshal's Anthem - Maybe this will revive decks like Boat Brew? Anthem being used as a Glorious Anthem and psuedo Reveillark is good with Siege-Gang.

7) Loam Lion - Another toy for zoo.

Cool Wolfbriar Elemental - Pound for pound this guy is good. 4 mana for a 4/4. Then for each additional G you get a 2/2. Freakin insane in a color that can produce insane amounts of mana within the first few turns.

9) Raging Ravine - This also includes the other man lands, but mainly this one. I like this one the best because it just keeps getting bigger.

10) Joraga Warcaller - Doesn't Elves have enough Lords? Being a Warrior and synergizing with Paragon may take Elves! in a new direction.
urafever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treasure hunt and leatherback baloth are probably the two getting the least love here -- and I think they are probably two of the best in the set.

Jace is nice, but you've got to get him out there and then protect him. The two cards I mentioned above are both NASTY to deal with -- and they can do their thing for 2-3 mana - maybe even before your opponent has counterspells or removal set up.

For those of you old-timers like myself, leatherback baloth is like ernham djinn on HGH.

Treasure hunt will be excellent in control, but also has a lot of potential for multicolored decks that run a lot of land -- you can probably run 2-3 more land b/c you can hunt through your deck:wink:
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 for a 4/5.... back in the day of Ernie that was unheard of. Now a days its common. Look at Wolly Thoctar. Nothing special in my opinion.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woolly Thoctar requires 3 different colors of mana. Leatherback Baloth requires one color of mana, 3 times.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are both undercosted beatsticks with the drawback being the mana cost. and green has better 3 drops anyway. if you want to get technical, you cant compare it to Ernie cause he was easily splashable.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1