Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss America, or whatever

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it look like a she?
Kienan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm perversely fascinated by this entire thread. Also, I love the internet. Rolling Eyes
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:
Baneslayer is not a "she", Angels have no gender.

Is it gay that genderless angel has got me hard a few times?
MrBury

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter, it's going to die. Razz
Insom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angels are already dead. I think that makes you a wanna be necrophiliac.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Arch_Razael --- It's pretty hard to enlighten someone when you don't even know what the word means, sir.

My attitude toward others is just. You might not see it that way, but you don't know what you're seeing.

As for the relevant portion of your post, I do think that crumbling necro is good. I have no space at the moment unless I cut sac lands or man lands...Neither of which I like on paper. I'll test it a little bit and see. Well, i dont really need to test it. I can just goldfish it out. I again don't care about analysis on Baneslayer being my only win con...It hasn't mattered yet, so I assume it will not matter in the future.

@ Amoose --- As for the couriers capsule idea. I think its pretty decent. I kind of like Ponder more, as getting it on turn 1 keeps my whole paranoia of tapping out early not bad. Also you can get it on turn 3 if you lead with a CipT land, which is good too.

@ engrishskill --- as far as the sphere...I just don't know. With 10 fetches already and only 11 basic lands... I might need to change things. I like that card though, as it completely sets it up from then on out. I kind of wanted to splash a 4th color too...I really like terminate over lightning bolt, and thought hemmorage. I'm getting ahead of myself there...I understand.

As for anyone else with relevant posts that "got lost in the shuffle" I apologize.

For anyone who thinks this tread is funny, You're welcome.

For anyone who thinks I "don't know what I'm talking about". In a Magic The Gathering sense you might be right, but in a philosophical sense...You probably aren't.

Its funny what you read after taking a nap.
jordman2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u post an update list please
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
3 [ALA] Crumbling Necropolis
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Plains (1)
5 [ZEN] Island (4)
2 [ZEN] Mountain (2)

// Creatures
4 [M10] Baneslayer Angel
1 [ZEN] Sphinx of Jwar Isle

// Spells
4 [CFX] Path to Exile
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
3 [M10] Essence Scatter
3 [ARB] Double Negative
3 [M10] Negate
2 [M10] Lightning Bolt
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
4 [LRW] Ponder
1 [CFX] Martial Coup

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [CFX] Martial Coup
SB: 3 [ALA] Swerve
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 2 [ZEN] Into the Roil
SB: 1 [ARB] Wall of Denial

That's what I'm working with ATM. If someone wants to post a better SB, feel free. I like the purge and ruin and swere...everything else is up to interpretation.
Avata

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:
Baneslayer is not a "she", Angels have no gender.

Pretty sure angels in the M:tG universe have gender. After all, if your average Serra Angel is clearly capable of breastfeeding, how weird would it be that she couldn't have lil baby angels of her own? Is she just the patron saint of breasts? If so, shouldn't she have more of them?
a_moose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for what it's worth:

i still think capsule should maindeck, just to keep the deck's gas going

and really, really, you should replace maindeck essence scatter with flashfreeze; what does essence scatter counter that you really dont want to hit that flashfreeze doesn't? i mean, you already run 4x PtE

and, you should really find room for 4x lightning bolt; it's such an efficient spell

and also, just what i would do, find room for maindeck into the roil; i really don't think ajani is doing anything for you, he's another target, he'll, with your deck, usually be an overpriced lightning helix, and into the roil is just an all-around answer, doing so much, for the owl match-up, pyromancer matchup, the mirror to bounce a bsa, eldrazi, etc.

and if you wanted to add a 4th color, which i would recommend, you get access to duress, which would be so important to protect your win-con for games 2/3,

and i guess after testing you went down to 3 day of judgement, but really? so many decks run either purely creatures or shroud creatures, i would really think that getting a DoJ is super important. it would improve so many game 1 match ups.

and, for the sb, you could easily replace the ruinblasters for spreading seas. it's a much more efficient spell, it replaces itself, doesn't have the double red, and would be helpful again to jund, which remains the best deck in the format. you say you like the swerve, which i imagine does some neat things some times, but how many match-ups does it really hose? the sb should win you games 2/3, which more wall of denial would do, pithing needle would do, duress would do, thought hemo would do, etc.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4