Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss America, or whatever

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
imtheguido

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you don't want advice don't post in the forum asking for it. Seriously. This isn't a place to post a deck list and go,"Hey, Its awesome, I'm going to ignore your attempts to help, and it cant get any better." Come here for help, or don't come here at all. Quit being an ass to those trying to help you, you just look like a douche bag.
Insom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
instant speed

Ah, I missed that part. I would definitely add SoJI though.
Quote:
I haven't tested the deck but you need to do x.

Quote:
I tested out x and it doesn't work for the following reasons.

Quote:
If you aren't going to listen to my advice you are just wasting your time.

This cracks me up every time.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are your mana problems bad colors, not enough, or too much? or some sort of mix of all of them? If you are having mana problems I don't think you can afford to play the 1 tectonic edge. also you might want to try out rupture spire. I would try out halimar depths as well as it could smooth out your draws and has a pretty nice interaction with the fetches you play. I would consider dropping tectonic edge and 1-2 celestial connalades for rupture spires. If the spires are too slow then i guess you have to find another solution.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I agree that tresure hunt is not the amazing card some people are making it out to be (for control), its not terrible either and blue only has 2 options in this slot in spreadem and tresure hunt. Your mana problems are atleast in part explained by a lack of cheap card draw, that and the fact I think the deck needs glacial fortress in favour of, terramorphic expanse and some other cards.

A spreadem player hitting on your red mana could pose real problems.

If you played spreadem then the ruinblasters in the side would be alot better plus the cheap draw would go some way to solving your mana problems.

This is a format where it is very hard for non green control to go more than 2 colours and have a great manabase which is a huge problem for control.

Rupture Spire sadly is to slow I tried them in my grixis deck and the turns you can not play a land because you need to use all your mana or you can not play a land and keep couner mana up suck hard in this format. Maybe even try crumbling necroplosis just as cpt blue red land as looking at your deck the red mana is prob going to be the biggest problems getting.

1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Plains (1)
4 [ZEN] Island (4)
3 [ZEN] Mountain (2)
2 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

2 Glacial Fortress
4 Crumpling Necropolis
4 Celestial Colonade
3 Scalding Tarn
4 Arid Mesa
3 Island
4 plains
2 mountain

Try that your mana looks good on paper the problem with it is treating all these sac lands as 2 colour options when they can only fetch one colour, they are not quite as good as a dual in some ways thats why ive added some.

Last edited by OldBear on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:
This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.

You're wrong, but nice try.

She has never died 1 time. Maybe you're just not good at magic?

I guess, all your opponents used their pte's, terminates, maelstorm pulses and tendrils of corruption on your other creatures

well, terminate is a problem...So i usually counterspell. Pulse is a problem... but i counterspell it.

I blow jund out games 2/3 anyway, obviously. Vampires is a good matchup already.

to protect your baneslayer with a counter, you would need to wait till turn 7... By then since you have no other creatures your opponent will probably have more than one way to dispose of him.

Not agreeing with peoples advice is not going to make your bad deck any better
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:
This falls in the category of "Baneslayer is going to die". She is in fact just going to die. maybe the colonnades will help u get there. but i wont put my hopes in buffy. Maybe side her in and put sphinx of jwar isle and wall of denial just like LSV would.

oh you
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:

I guess, all your opponents used their pte's, terminates, maelstorm pulses and tendrils of corruption on your other creatures

well, terminate is a problem...So i usually counterspell. Pulse is a problem... but i counterspell it.

I blow jund out games 2/3 anyway, obviously. Vampires is a good matchup already.

to protect your baneslayer with a counter, you would need to wait till turn 7... By then since you have no other creatures your opponent will probably have more than one way to dispose of him.

How is not agreeing with peoples advice relevant to the deck getting better? If its bad advice, the deck won't get better.

I'll wait till turn 21 to play baneslayer for all I care. I only am going to run it out there early if I can replace it, can counter terminate, or am going to die without it. Once I put them in draw-cast mode, I'm going to win. I don't care how many removal they have in their hand.

I'm trying out lavaball trap. It's good in theory considering every deck runs fetch lands and I can path a guy on turn 6 and hit them with it. its probably better than earthquake right now, as that is contributing to my death more often than not.

I asked for "Initial thoughts" and then help on the mana base. You're telling me to replace stuff. I didn't ask for that. I asked for initial thoughts. Everyone who has post here is wrong other than the guy who mentioned the tectonic edge.

I've taken it out. Still having a bit of trouble. I added it for the pseudo mirror, or against other manlands. I want the celestial colonade advantage, so to speak. I just wish there was a UWR tri-land.

For the same reasons I don't want/like chalace, I don't want/like rupture spire. CipT is one thing, double CipT is a whole different story.

Thank you, that guy who said that. Everyone else for the most part...Read before you type.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:

How is not agreeing with peoples advice relevant to the deck getting better? If its bad advice, the deck won't get better.

I'll wait till turn 21 to play baneslayer for all I care. I only am going to run it out there early if I can replace it, can counter terminate, or am going to die without it. Once I put them in draw-cast mode, I'm going to win. I don't care how many removal they have in their hand.

I'm trying out lavaball trap. It's good in theory considering every deck runs fetch lands and I can path a guy on turn 6 and hit them with it. its probably better than earthquake right now, as that is contributing to my death more often than not.

I asked for "Initial thoughts" and then help on the mana base. You're telling me to replace stuff. I didn't ask for that. I asked for initial thoughts. Everyone who has post here is wrong other than the guy who mentioned the tectonic edge.

I've taken it out. Still having a bit of trouble. I added it for the pseudo mirror, or against other manlands. I want the celestial colonade advantage, so to speak. I just wish there was a UWR tri-land.

For the same reasons I don't want/like chalace, I don't want/like rupture spire. CipT is one thing, double CipT is a whole different story.

Thank you, that guy who said that. Everyone else for the most part...Read before you type.

As one of the guys you dismissed said: you having trouble with enough mana is caused by the lack of card drawing. You only have 6 cards in there that lets you find what you need or refill your hand. Since those cards costs 4cmc and 5 cmc respectively, your rosy dream of surviving until turn 21 or whatever vs anything until dropping one of your 4 win conditions falls apart around turn 6-7 when Jund has out-attritioned you, RDW/Boros has dealt 60 damage and your hand is as emtpy as theirs, if not emptier.

You are wrong. It is that simple. The counters you have and the drawing you have (or blue in general, really) is simply not good enough to run only four win conditions. Saying that you will counter their removal for the one Baneslayer you find in the first 25 cards of your deck is just dumb.... there is ALWAYS an answer: "I kill you with a 20p Fireball!" "I counter it" "I counter your counter" "ok I counter your counter FOREVER" "not cool dude Sad !!" ... yes it is that dumb.

If you have an essence scatter in hand when he plays his Terminate to kill your Baneslayer, you may have to dig 25 cards deeper to find the next one. If this problem doesn't occur to you, you are probably not playing against good enough opponents. Don't take MWSplay as good testing!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:

As one of the guys you dismissed said: you having trouble with enough mana is caused by the lack of card drawing. You only have 6 cards in there that lets you find what you need or refill your hand. Since those cards costs 4cmc and 5 cmc respectively, your rosy dream of surviving until turn 21 or whatever vs anything until dropping one of your 4 win conditions falls apart around turn 6-7 when Jund has out-attritioned you, RDW/Boros has dealt 60 damage and your hand is as emtpy as theirs, if not emptier.

You are wrong. It is that simple. The counters you have and the drawing you have (or blue in general, really) is simply not good enough to run only four win conditions. Saying that you will counter their removal for the one Baneslayer you find in the first 25 cards of your deck is just dumb.... there is ALWAYS an answer: "I kill you with a 20p Fireball!" "I counter it" "I counter your counter" "ok I counter your counter FOREVER" "not cool dude Sad !!" ... yes it is that dumb.

If you have an essence scatter in hand when he plays his Terminate to kill your Baneslayer, you may have to dig 25 cards deeper to find the next one. If this problem doesn't occur to you, you are probably not playing against good enough opponents. Don't take MWSplay as good testing!

Awesome speech bro. I'm really glad you tested the list and put so much time and effort into that.

Oh, wait...You didn't?

Quit typing.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also tested an UWR control build lately, so I know what I am talking about.

But you're right, I (and I assume everyone else) has nothing more to say to this.
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread delivers.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:

Awesome speech bro. I'm really glad you tested the list and put so much time and effort into that.

Oh, wait...You didn't?

Quit typing.

I've been reading this quietly, but now I can't leave this unanswered.

Are you fucking kidding me? You're complaining that he didn't test YOUR decklist? Well, since it is yours, why don't you gain some balls and go test it yourself, since you obviously don't give a shit for what other people are here advising. Maybe then you can stop making useless posts like this one, where you are asking for some advice about your deck, and all you do is trashtalk. You know something? People aren't obliged to reply to your post, yet they decided to waste some of their time to try to help you, so have some respect for them! Now get back to the trashbin where you were born and don't come back until you have learned some manners!

P.S. Quoted everything for the lulz. Mr. Green
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
OilSlick wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
MrBury wrote:

Oh, wait...You didn't?

Quit typing.

I've been reading this quietly, but now I can't leave this unanswered.

Are you fucking kidding me? You're complaining that he didn't test YOUR decklist? Well, since it is yours, why don't you gain some balls and go test it yourself, since you obviously don't give a shit for what other people are here advising. Maybe then you can stop making useless posts like this one, where you are asking for some advice about your deck, and all you do is trashtalk. You know something? People aren't obliged to reply to your post, yet they decided to waste some of their time to try to help you, so have some respect for them! Now get back to the trashbin where you were born and don't come back until you have learned some manners!

P.S. Quoted everything for the lulz. Mr. Green

You, again, don't read. He talks about the deck in a game state situation without testing my deck. That's bullshit.

They aren't helping me. If they did, they wouldn't assume I post my deck and want "feedback" on it like everyone else. Nobody reads the text before or after a decklist is posted. Everyone telling me to add/drop cards isn't giving me the desired feedback. I'm the bad guy. I get it now!

Learned manners? You, who replies with only animosity to someone whom you've never spoke? Grow up.
a_moose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want to get involved in the flame war or anything, but to smooth out your mana situation, which does seem shakey, i would consider courier's capsule; as someone else said, you need to be able to cast cheap card draw to smooth out the lands you get, and at two mana, you aren't forced to tap out and not counter, leaving it open for end of turn. it would probably be the best 2-drop for your deck, and really, its such a good way to fix mana. you could keep a hand with 2 lands and a capsule, and be sure of hitting the 3rd landdrop. also, if you keep flooding, keep in mind it's control; you aren't affecting the board as much, so you need the perfect ratio of lands-to-spells, and that means carddraw. just my two cents, sorry if you hate it and me.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Baneslayer is not a "she", Angels have no gender.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4