Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imagine: An MWS without any bugs/crashs and Save-Option!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
worldeater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Imagine: An MWS without any bugs/crashs and Save-Option! Reply with quote

...yes, it exists. Featuring all the images, and with an incredible funny "no-real-cash" System embedded (you can play with proxies just 100% fine still !)

Well, since I have discovered it, i haven't used MWS a single time anymore !

http://gccg.sourceforge.net

No single bug discovered yet. Especially for me, and my insanely unstable internet connection, this would be the software of choice for play in especially competitive online game !
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play it in 2004/05 and it was very intuitive to use. I believe starting from binaries/some shell got easier meanwhile "lets call it double click an .exe"

I'd be fine when evryone plays gccg instead of MWS.
Efrem_84

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i tried it.
The idea itself is not bad, and some things are really nice.
I don't know if the server can support as many players as mwsplay or m-league..
But the real problem is that there isn't a clear log nor distinction between phases.
It's also a lot less intuitive than MWS.
I think that it has a good base on which it may be refined, but right now i find MWS far better.
worldeater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phases exist, you just need to press CTRL+1 to....+9
Other Keybinds can be created custom-ways, like "Retain Priority" or whatnot.
Games are automatically logged on BOTH computers, and it should be able that its logged server-wise as well, as making judges able to join live to the tables.

The server handles sometimes about 80 players, so should be able too !
Efrem_84

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's a good news than!
Well, maybe we can than really move to cggc!
And maybe here on M-L is also some good nerd who may implement some good scrypt.
I still find the deckbuilding process in cggc quite difficult, i couldn't find any card filter: as far as i have seen you need to search them among all the cards..
worldeater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the only problem, yes. But on the other hand, you can use MWS to create your deck, and import it to GCCG with the built-in function !

For tournament, the /rd function ensures that decks are registered to the server, and it can also check them for legality of course.
MotC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshots make it look like an even worse MODO.
worldeater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wouldnt actually be a change: MWS is also split into two applications, so instead of MWS Play you would just use GCCG.

And the screenshots are very, very old (like 5 years or so). A lot has changed since then.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1