Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a deck scout?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Huskie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: What is a deck scout? Reply with quote

This guy was dropping lands G1 and G2 but wouldn't play spells

<Huskie> will you paly anything?
<Keeper of Secrets> End my turn
<Huskie> play*
<Keeper of Secrets> no
<Keeper of Secrets> I'm a deck scout
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a loser who looks at what other people are playing. pretty useless on mws as only terrible people use mwsplay
HdH_Cthulhu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He script his bot to play thousends of games and to load the game logs into a titanic database only to show how bad people are on mws!
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of MWSplay I top4ed an invitational with a deck of my own creation tested solely on MWSplay.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're the exception, Trotsky, and you know it. the rest of the masses on mws servers are beyond awful. i don't really play on there anymore.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is the occasional good player on mwsplay but its like playing shitty local tournaments except u have to explain stuff all the time and when ur opp realises theyre wrong and theyre stupid they can just quit.

and topping an m-l tournament isnt that big of an accomplishment. and testing isnt that important so it doesnt matter where u tested your deck
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would generally agree that the overall quality is low but you can get good testing with a bit of luck.

Anyone can join is the thing but the same is true of PTQ's 4-3-2-2 drafts 8-4s on modo so you get a huge amount of varience. PTQ's are attractive to every card geek with a dream good and bad alike.

8-4s much the same i once had a very long discussion with some 1500 on modo who said he played solely 8-4 cause of the extra pack, trying to tell him the extra pack was completely irrelevant if he never regulary finishes 1st or 2nd to no avail. Some people are just dumb with money.

Its only when you get PT's you can really say the level is of a high standard in general or invitationals on modo and to lesser extent Invitationals on ml back when i played you could'nt even say that as apprentice was still the program of choice for all but masters and invitationals so over half the people who got invites were terribles who took advantage of a certain apprentice cheat program, which was great for the few good players, we got one back on them for compeletly ruining the competion of the leadersboard.
Huskie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwsplay does have shitty players but its the fastest way to get a game going. and I just like to play casually.

Earlier today I played someone T2 on MWS who played Vampiric Tutor, I told him that it's not a T2 card, he told me it was. I said what set it it from? He said You can use all card that were previously in a core set? I was like uh? WTF MATE? You think you can use ANY core set in MWS, and then he quit.
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is, even if you try and be decent and tell them they were wrong in doing something and try to point out why they were wrong and how to fix it, you'll still get shit in your face. I just disconnect at the point were they tell me I'm wrong. That usually means they're not going to exactly going to take in what you tell them.

The internet turns people into douche bags. I used to be nice.
xDem0n

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Quote of the day Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:

The internet turns people into douche bags. I used to be nice.

is there a better place to test mws decks?
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a group of friends that you know are good at the game and exclusively test with them on MWS.
teh_hetero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini's.
endbringer1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of playing on MWS, I think it's better to test decks in Magic League trials. At least you know that most of the players know a minimum amount of rules.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

League matches GENERALLY have better match ups. Yes, you will get retards every now and then, but overall when you play league you usually face good/decent decks (usually whatever won a previous trial) and once in a while good/decent players.
Jag4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS play is like the Wild West...I like playing the small 8 man tournies and trails on League because, more than anything, most people know the rules and are more polite. That said, I used both Play and League for testing prior to LCQ for Nationals and refined the best version to use against the metagame.

I finished 1st in the LCQ, losing one close game, and was undefeated in the Standard portion during day one with the little white men.

Being a UK based player, I'm looking to develop a group of people from my country to test with on MWS but it's finding the time.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1