Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else feel like Worldwake sucks?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabye theyre saving the best for last?

No i agree, its pretty bad.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how is it the worse set since shards, did u not play when alara reborn came out
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
Nah I played in Alara and while it was pretty bad at least there was a demand for ARB and the set had some okay money rares. With Shards its basically elspeth, rafiq (not so much anymore) and then like some random 2-4 dollar rares.

i work at a card store and let me tell you almost no one bought alara reborn packs.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just bought singles there werent enough money rares in reborn to buy a box and hope to get the uncommons you need so they just bought singles of reborn like bloodbraid anethemancer, etc
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking pretty meh at this point, to be sure. Multikicker is an unexciting mechanic, and there are very few really standout rares. But it's still better than shards and should still be fun for limited.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravnica block would be my guess. 20 dollar bills in every set.
Tuffy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worldwake is actually pretty decent. Almost all the man-lands are good. It opens up alot of different architypes that had holes in them and control is definately back...Dragonmaster Grixis anyone?
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuffy wrote:
worldwake is actually pretty decent. Almost all the man-lands are good. It opens up alot of different architypes that had holes in them and control is definately back...Dragonmaster Grixis anyone?
This...

As a tournament player I must say I'm a bit dissapointed at first sight, but then again... Some cards (A lot actually) will see play. If it shifts the metagame? Dunno, Vamps becoming T1, but the 'old' T1 will still be T1 and that won't change a lot. And there will be plenty of options to start new archetypes.

As a casual player (Aka My Friends playgroup) I'm actually very happy with the set. Some really great cards for casual and EDH decks. I even have 2 buddies who want to buy a box. That never happened in the past. 10 boosters per set max for them.

So yeah, I actually like the new set.
ryuzaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, there are a lot of good cards that will be playing in the next metas, like the 6/6 demon, omnath, tectonic land, manlands, the kor firewalker, the white kird ape, jace, brink of disaster, kalastria highborn, smother, dragon master, joraga warcaller, bestial menace, leatherback baloth, etc, etc.

alara reborn only had maelstrom pulse and cascade cards thats it
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminate?
nate666

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blightning ??
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate666 wrote:
blightning ??

FAIL! Blightning is from Shards of Alara. Mr. Green
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are really undermining some of these cards. They're bringing back SMOTHER for gods sake. Talk about INSTANT impact.

The black 6/6 demon is BOTARDED and will be played in every format in magic for a long time.

They didn't print any expensive lands. Thats good.

They're printing more USABLE man lands, which is good.

I don't understand what anyone is talking about with this set. Its not superpowered, its not underpowered, its right where a set should be. Drafting looks pretty good here as well in conjunction with Z, too.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E: Here's the problem: everyone loved the Ravnica/Time Spiral T2. They want the metagame to be the same as it was back then. So whenever a new set is released, and they don't see cards like Angel of Despair, Teferi, Mystical Teachings or Lightning Helix, they go on and say the set sucks, just like they said Alara sucks, and Lorwyn sucks, and so on, even if the set has actually good cards in it, like the ones you mentioned. I think it has been doing pretty well so far, and I'm certainly enjoying the new cards. Mr. Green
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alara and Lorwyn sucked hard but not because it's not like TSP/RAV. Well, actually, you may be on to something, but it's not because they don't have some power cards. Lorwyn had some of the most influential cards ever but it's such a terribly designed block from almost any angle. Tribal is the laziest friggin excuse for design since a cycle of allied color lands with drawbacks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4