Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Worldwake Speculation: RB Aggro/Combo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
loki3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Post Worldwake Speculation: RB Aggro/Combo Reply with quote

I know we haven't seen all the Worldwake cards yet, but I'm gonna get started trying to find a way to abuse Bazaar Trader and Abyssal Persecutor. Only about 50% of red and black are spoiled.

Right now I'm assuming the new cards, that I am hoping to use are:
Quote:
Searing Blaze RR
Instant
Common
Searing Blaze deals 1 damage to target player and 1 damage to target creature that player controls.
Landfall - If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, Searing Blaze deals 3 damage to that player and 3 damage to that creature instead.

(Edit: As stated by others, SeBl needs both targets to be legal in order to be cast.)
Quote:
Bazaar Trader 1R
Creature - Goblin
Rare
{T}: Target player gains control of target artifact, creature or land that you control.
Illus. Matt Cavotta #72/145
1/1

(I know if Bazaar Traader swaped a creature/artifact/land
with opponent, this deck would be unbelievable, and I'd consider running Dragon Fodder.)
(Edit: This guy is probably jank.)
Quote:
Abyssal Persecutor 2BB
Creature - Demon
Mythic Rare
Flying, trample
You can't win the game and your opponents can't lose the game.
6/6
Note: RAW POWER! Needs to be exploited. And needs 2-3 (x4) ways to get rid of him.
Quote:
Lavaclaw Reaches
Land
Rare
Lavaclaw Reaches enters the battlefield tapped.
{T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.
1{B}{R}: Until end of turn, Lavaclaw Reaches becomes a 2/2
red and black Elemental creature with "{X}: This creature
gets +X/+0 until end of turn." It's still a land.

Main Deck

Creatures
4xVampire Lacerator
4xGoblin Guide
4XBazaar Trader
4xHellspark Elemental
3xHell's Thunder
4xAbyssal Persecutor

Spells
3xLightning Bolt
3xSearing Blaze
4xTerminate
3xBlightning (Might instead use 3xChandra Nalaar)

Lands
4xDragonSkull Summit
4xLavaclaw Reaches
6xSwamp
10xMountain

Sideboard
As of now, variants on RDW depending on what I expect to see.
I can't think of any amazing black cards I'd put in the side...yet (except maybe Mind Rot... but less good without cascade, deathmark and black knight could be ok in sb too)
    Richochet Trap

Quote:
Ricochet Trap 3R
Instant - Trap
Uncommon
If an opponent cast a blue spell this turn, you may pay {R} rather than pay Ricochet Trapís mana cost.
Change the target of target spell with a single target.
Illus. Jaime Jones #87/145
    Goblin Ruinblaster
    Banefire
    2-3xChandra Nalaar (if not in main deck)
    Punishing Fire
    Another way to get rid of the demon and/or baneslayer?
    Quazi-Strip Mines?? There is a new strip-mine like card coming out, but I think it slows this deck down too much.
    Other RDW tech, but NOT Earthquake

To actually make a deck with AP and BT... the two options are: aggro that makes good use of Abyssal Persecutor, or control that relies heavily on him. I'm more of a fan of having many threats instead of just one, for consistency's sake.

To make this work, I need to find good quick creatures/artifacts/lands with draw backs late game... like Vampire Lacerator and Abyssal Persecutor...
Right now, there are only 2 that could be worth giving to your opponent.
But perhaps this is good enough.

This deck has 2(x4 each) ways to get rid of the Persecutor:
    Give him to your opponent once you get them down to low health (Best!)
    Terminate him after they are at or below 0 life.(Second Best!)

But an additional 4-cards-worth-of cheap sac outlet for burn damage would be amazing and would replace Blightning/Searing Blaze. This deck would really enjoy a card like Fling. I hope the print something similar.
Quote:
Fling 1R
Instant
Common
Sacrifice a creature: Fling deals damage equal to the sacrificed creature's power to target creature or player.
OR....
Quote:
Custody Battle 1R
Enchant Creature
Uncommon
Enchanted creature has "At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent gains control of this creature unless you sacrifice a land."

I know I'm not the best at making decks, and this is quite speculative, but maybe some people have some nice suggestions.

Last edited by loki3 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
a_moose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs moar Xathrid Demon; to sac abyssal ftw or to donate with the golbin, also to up the average cc and smooth it out.
Oop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck is awful once they know that you are gonna donate shit they will just kill the crappy goblin and you will lose... also

Firewalker t2 GG
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Searing Blaze is going to want two legal targets, a player and a creature that player controls.
loki3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
I'm pretty sure Searing Blaze is going to want two legal targets, a player and a creature that player controls.

Yes. It is best to have to targets.

Oop wrote:
This deck is awful once they know that you are gonna donate shit they will just kill the crappy goblin and you will lose... also

Firewalker t2 GG

Firewalker is going to be a major card in the next decks, I'm just trying to see if there is a way to abuse them.

I'll try and come up with better ways than the Bazaar Goblin.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:
jonproject wrote:

Yes. It is best to have to targets.

Oop wrote:

Firewalker t2 GG

Firewalker is going to be a major card in the next decks, I'm just trying to see if there is a way to abuse them.

you need 2 targets for searing blaze, i dont see how bazaar trader is good
kaamos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far i havent seen a single card to add to my RB

Generally not liking the new cards revealed.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:

chumpers + xathrid demon?
Via

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You assume that meta changes to the way, that removal cards will be played no more...

Otherwise I can't see any reason running a combo that fails with the single removal card played on the Abyssal Persecutor.

But it is very good as a joke, the whole idea of giving my opponent a 6/6 flying beater that just kills me as a result of 2 cards combo - that made me laugh.
Miqo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Post Worldwake Speculation: RB Aggro/Combo Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:
(Note: SeBl can still burn to the face if the opponent is running no creatures, or shroud-ers, or pro-red-ers.)

You definitely can't do that.
If they ever changed it so that you can, "Decimate" would become my #1 favorite card. Laughing
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=31798
loki3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Searing Blaze comment has been corrected. You guys are right. For some reason I thought it was two separate lines.

-------------------------------

The main question about Abyssal Persecutor is he is an amazing creature, he just has a negative condition. He will help you win easily and quickly, but you need to get rid of him once you've "won" in order to win. He just needs the right home so he can dominate.

It is tempting to give him to your opponent, but there is too much removal for the Bazaar Goblin to be any good.

I'll try another idea for the Demon. He is good enough to be played.

He needs a home in a monoblack deck, a WB deck, and some other multicolored deck(s).
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaqkheart wrote:
I have come up with something similar as the OP has. I for one do not like bazaar trader in my deck. I had thought about it but got to thinking and took him out. What I have aimed for is kinda like a Black/Red Weenie deck with abyssal persecutor to add insult to injury. I take simple cards like goblin guide and Hellspark elemental and empower them with bull rush(+2/+0) and Teetering peaks(+2/+0). I also add in Ball Lightning and other buffs like Vampire's bite. An ideal turn with this deck would be play a goblin guide, then buff it with a vampire's bite, kick the vampire's bite, then lay down a teetering peaks. That makes the 2/2 go to 7/2 with lifelink and it has haste. The only deck I see this having a problem with is something that has a lot of control. You can always sideboard for that case though. I would post the deck list I have come up with but I am waiting to work out all of the problems.

What do you need lifelink for?
Insom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it gets to the point where you are able to play a 6 mana, 3 card combo you are most likely losing more life per turn than your opponent Smile.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2