Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urge to Feed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Apos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Urge to Feed Reply with quote

Over the Years i saw many Threads talking about 1 card but never created one
but this card omg
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100425&d=1263963681

Urge to Feed BB
Instant Uncommon
Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn. You may tap any number of untapped Vampire creatures you control. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on each of those Vampires.

so u can instantly kill a guy and pump all of your guys ...wow and that for 2 mana wow

am i the only one who thinks this card is way to good?
the only thing that holds this card in balance is the fact that you cant pump your guys if your opponent has no creatures on the battlefield unless you target one of yours

but still its an automaticly 4of in any vamp deck

comments please Rolling Eyes
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good card with constructed potential but not as powerful as you make it out to be.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as kill spells go, i'd have to say it's a very good one for any vamp deck.

the -3/-3 rather than 3 damage makes it so it can mitigate damage if necessary, the losing toughness makes it so that it can kill indestructable weenies as well as regular ones, and the completely optional permapumping your own vampires gives it that much more versatility. in the long run it's much better than a lot of other kill spells out there.
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great card and vamps should be a pretty decent deck. Having to tap your vamps for the bonus keeps it kind of in check but yea it is better than disfigure or agony warp.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's easy to get rid of the negative effects of the tapping though.

for example... play urge to feed after declare blockers step. tap your inferior blocking vampires... sudden advantage.

or you can do it at EOT... kill his creature, tap your field, they're stronger next turn
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great card, and one that will definitively take Vampires to a higher level, along with Kalastria Highborn. Fortunately for me, it can't deal with my new Standard favorite pet: Novablast Wurm! Mr. Green
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitigating the negative effects is not the same as getting rid of them. Vamps is going to be the agro deck in a lot of matchups so losing a turn of attacking will be negative.
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novablast Wurm is the embodiment of this set. A slightly worse version of a card we already have.
rafaruggi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that good cause if you want to pump your vampires you are losing one turn without attacking. I mean, it is a good card and will probably be a 4-of in vampires decks, but its not OMG O_O RUN TO THE HILLSSSS URGE TO FEED ;P.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insom wrote:
Mitigating the negative effects is not the same as getting rid of them. Vamps is going to be the agro deck in a lot of matchups so losing a turn of attacking will be negative.

Or it can pump the ones that couldn't attack due to being too small/having no protection (ex. Gatekeeper on your side, Wild Nacatl on the opponent's with a mountain + plains).

Or, even more likely, use it as monster kill, with the pump being icing on the cake, not the other way around.
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was obvious Smile. I was comparing the card balancewise to agony warp not honor of the pure.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insom wrote:
Novablast Wurm is the embodiment of this set. A slightly worse version of a card we already have.

When Worldwake comes out, I'm going to challenge you with my Bant Midrange deck and show you that a very big destructive wurm is better than a bunch of 1/1 soldiers. Mark my words! Mr. Green
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
Insom wrote:

When Worldwake comes out, I'm going to challenge you with my Bant Midrange deck and show you that a very big destructive wurm is better than a bunch of 1/1 soldiers. Mark my words! Mr. Green

Smile
I think the emeria ramp deck I play is the only one that the Wurm might be decent against. I am always up for a game though.
Makuherra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how exciting zendikar block constructed will be...
imtheguido

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so right now, my Vampire deck runs heavy board control and doesn't have much problems with things like Jund or any other aggro deck really.

As of Right now, I am running a mix of Fleshbag Marauder as a 4 of and Grim Discovery as a 4 of. I really liked the Fleshbag Marauder tech in the deck, but with Urge to Feed coming out, that clears out the Fleshbags Instantly. The fleshbag is nice as its another edict effect but retroactive, which is what the discovery's where for. I could always sack the Fleshbag to itself if I wanted, but with Urge there is no need for it any more.

So thats -4 Fleshbag Marauder and -4 Grim Discovery. I might think about keeping a few in, for when removal hits the nocturnus.

I think about it this way. Urge to feed is a -3/-3. As of right now, a large portion of the playing field is going to be killed outright by that. While its not quite smother, its close. And then throw on top of that the +1/+1 counters it adds to my vampires, it makes it that much better. Anyone casting this spell on their own turn is a retard as it is anyways. You cast this after you declare blockers, killing off one of their attackers and pumping your own creatures, or at the end of their turn, pumping everything you didn't attack with the turn before.

There is no reason anyone with any intelligence who plays vampires should NOT play this spell.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2