Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Vampires

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Majik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about that but this card looks retty damn good:

Urge to Feed
Instant
Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn. You may tap any number of untapped Vampire creatures you control. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on each of those Vampires.
Illus. Johann Bodin #70/145
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing's for sure: get ready for Vampires, because they will be stronger once Worldwake is out! Kalastria Highborn and Urge to Feed will definitively see play in a Vampires deck, and maybe even Anowon, the Ruin Sage. But I don't think they'll become Tier 1 decks. But I'll discuss this better this weekend, where I'll open a topic on the forums for people to discuss the latest previews about Worldwake. Keep in touch! Mr. Green
Shinato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My starting point would look like this but can change depending on the spoiler.

Creatures: 24
- 4 Vampire Hexmage
- 3 Kalastria Highborn
- 3 Bloodghast
- 4 Vampire Nighthawk
- 4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
- 4 Vampire Nocturnus
- 2 Malakir Bloodwitch (I might even consider to cut it if we don't see many WW decks as there are other ways to deal with Baneslayer)

Spells: 13
- 4 Urge to Feed
- 2 Mind Sludge
- 3 Tendrils of Corruption (only 3 may look stupid but we got enough lifegain and I don't want too many high cost cards)
- 4 Sign in Blood

Lands: 23
- 4 Verdant Catacombs
- 4 Marsh Flats
- 15 Swamp

Maybe there are even enough quality vampires now to go for a less midrange and more straight aggro plan with Vampire Lacerator and stuff like that.
Bantos86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(I might even consider to cut it if we don't see many WW decks as there are other ways to deal with Baneslayer)

Bloodwitch isn't about Baneslayer. Bloodwitch is about raping anything white. Let's consider that for Bant, Naya and Esper decks, white has some of the most powerful remove in those decks: Path to Exile, and sometimes Oblivion Ring. Neither of which can touch Bloodwitch. Let's also consider that against Bant, it also stops Rhox War Monk and can't be chump-blocked by Bird tokens from Emeria Angel; against Naya, it's bigger than most of the creatures in the deck, and would require a Vines of Vastwood to kill, or double burn; and against Esper, the only thing that can stop it is Sphinx of Jwar Isle.

Also consider that against It's a Trap!/Dark Bant Trap, Knight of the Reliquary, Iona, Baneslayer and Sphinx of the Steel Wind are all white (though if Iona does get on the field, you kinda lose anyways most times).
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blood witch is a 3 must, and tendrils is still a 4 of. disfigure was only a 3 of and the new better one i can still see being a 3 off.

the new 2/2 for bb is good but not a versitil as hexmage or gatekeeper. unless u cut a land i can only see a need for 2 main deck. it goes well with other vamps but not 3 copies good. so this is how id do it

4-gatekeeper
4-nighthawk
4-hexmage
4-nocturnus
3-malakir
3-bloodghast
2- new girl vamp

3 urge to feed
4 tendrils
2 mind sludge
4 sign
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your question would be better placed in the rulings section, but i'll answer you anyway:

no, because death's shadow doesn't get counters, so hexmage won't change anything
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1