Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oracle of Mul Daya + Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Via

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Oracle of Mul Daya + Jace, the Mind Sculptor Reply with quote

Will play this in new T2 for sure. I am big fan of both of these cards and together they seems even better.

Oracle of Mul Daya + Jace, the Mind Sculptor

- Draw 3 cards, put 2 lands from your hand on top, play them via Oracle...
- or.. put the top card of your lib to the bottom, +2 on Jace, play land under
- gain 3-4 extra mana from the cobra along the way Smile

It won't fit to every deck, some new deckbuilding approach will take place.

What do you think peeps?
Bring it on! 4cc+4cc cards easily disruptable card advantage combo!
The thing is, that both of the cards are pretty strong all by themselves. Oracle sees some play in Valakut decks already and I think this guy can do more.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: New deck coming! Reply with quote

I hadn't thought about this before. You just gave me a cool idea to build a Bant Midrange deck! And I can include that crazy Novablast Wurm in it! Man, how I love that card! Mr. Green
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards should put THAT on the back of a tips & tricks card. Merfolk Looter and Squee just never got there for me...
Via

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Wizards should put THAT on the back of a tips & tricks card. Merfolk Looter and Squee just never got there for me...

Nice one.

Although most decks that utilized Squee, was not that obvious and went through a lot of deckbuilding process. Like this one for example http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=sideboard/worlds03/fm14a

EDIT:
"Nice one" - the joke, for the less gifted readers Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Via on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sleeyp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via wrote:
jonproject wrote:

Nice one.

Although most decks that utilized Squee, was not that obvious and went through a lot of deckbuilding process. Like this one for example http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=sideboard/worlds03/fm14a

*woosh*
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems even stronger than the oracle + fetchland or oracle + khalni expedition/harrow/rampant growth synergies but a two card 4cc combo seems kind of slow if used only for the acceleration and thinning and not for getting an emeria/valakut online.

On a side note does anyone else have qualms about playing novablast wurm over martial coup? If they are playing enough creatures to make it worthwhile do you really want to give them an extra turn to attack or play removal?
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have many qualms about novablast wurm seeing play outside of limited.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insom wrote:
On a side note does anyone else have qualms about playing novablast wurm over martial coup? If they are playing enough creatures to make it worthwhile do you really want to give them an extra turn to attack or play removal?

Now you've put me to think, since I've never compared the card to Martial Coup. So I'll compare the two cards here:

- Altough it may not seem very obvious, Martial Coup is better against faster decks, because it impacts the game as soon as you cast it and provides you with some blockers that can match your opponents' creatures in case they get to recover. Novablast Wurm is more suited for Aggro-Control or Midrange combats, where the amount of creatures is lower and more powerful, also providing you a more reliable way to win the game than attacking with a bunch of 1/1 soldiers;

- If the metagame is composed of decks with mostly Path to Exiles, Maelstrom Pulses, Terminates, etc., go with Martial Coup. If you, instead, face lots of removal for weak creatures, like Lightning Bolt or Smother, then go with the giant snake. (Don't forget Maelstrom Pulse screws both cards equally);

- The truth is, if you cast Novablast Wurm, your opponent doesn't have removal for it, and can attack with it, you'll win the game 95% of the times. That's more times than casting a Baneslayer Angel! For example, if you cast Martial Coup, your opponent can play creatures like Broodmate Dragon, Baneslayer Angel, or even Earthquake and be able to stabilize the board. Novablast Wurm will simply laugh at any creature (Thornling not included) your opponent manages to cast when it attacks.

Again, it depends on the metagame and your deck's strategy. For example, against Vampires, Jund and WUR Control, I would choose the wurm. Against White Weenie and BGW Rock, I'd play Martial Coup. But I'm a Timmy player at heart, and I prefer a 1000 times more to blast my opponents off with a 7/7 Wurm that literally destroys everything in its path than attacking with an army of weak soldiers. Mr. Green
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
(Don't forget Maelstrom Pulse screws both cards equally);

Coup still clears the board if your opponent has pulse. I don't think there is a conceivable meta where I would play the wurm in standard.
rafaruggi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compare the two of them now.

Martial Coup is better 99,9% of the times.

Simple like that Very Happy.
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because magic players just luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve playing with their banana hammocks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1