Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PT San Diego

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
toor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wins.

Any other advice is straight terrible.
LilDan
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toor wrote:

Any other advice is straight terrible.

No, it's just that some people would go to greater extremes than others.
seniorctizen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realize you'll be pissed as all fucking hell if you don't go... No matter what rationalization you have if you don't go.

A man needs to grow up and take responsibility for himself. There is a time and place for that but it's hard to say if this is it.
PV
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with dv8r too

Lol @ those people saying "a man has to grow up"... it's easy for you to say, it is not you.
Lantero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
I'm actually going to say discuss it with your parents properly, without getting into a strop, and ask why exactly they don't want you to go... whether it's a money thing or w/e, or they are worried about you or w/e and try to talk it out. Explain how important it is to you, how you have flights paid for, how it's free money to be made and how you will be under the care of good, reliable people.

I agree the way you have to try it.

dv8r wrote:
If that doesn't work, I strongly suggest not going, and making them feel like crap about it for the next few months.

If your parents are going to kill you, or going to leave you as a homeless, don't do it if you don't want to break your life.
In each other case, it's better having a PT travel experience than a traumatic coexistence for a time. Your parents will learn what was correct at some time, the only difference is if you did it or not.
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok look at it this way, its not eeasy to Q for these kind of events. this could be ur chance to do some damage and really learn from it all. who knows you could even win the PT but that wont happen if u dont go.

so your parents will be mad at u and prob ground u or something similar for a little bit. but wouldnt it be worth it to go to the PT. just have to ask ur self if its worth it to go play and know u will prob get grounded for it. thats how i look at it. either way gl man
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2