Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting New "Leagues" would be awesome

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Would you like to see Leagues on ML
1) yes
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
2) no
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
3) what's a league??
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Majik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Starting New "Leagues" would be awesome Reply with quote

I was thinking today.....

How cool would it be to have leagues on ML. Kinda like what they used to do on Modo. Make it to where you have 12-64 players in a league. You can have divisions and everybody gets a match-up during the week(Like the NFL). Then at the ed of the season you can have a playoff. And what better way to end a season than when a new expansion is released

This is such a vague and undetailed sketch of my thought. Just wanna see who would be interested and what it would take to make this happen. I am such a huge sports fan and would love to see this type of competition brought to ML.

Plus it give you a chance to really test your deck, and prepare for the upcoming weeks matchup[ since you would know your opps decklist. Would make for an interesting gameplan.

I also just thought of something. This could really make teams relevant on ML(the 3-man teams). You could a league filled with 3-man teams, and each team plays once per week( all 3 players playing against the other teams 3 players) Now the home team could decide 2 of the matchups(thus giving a home field advantage). There is so much that could be done and explored here.

Ok ML'ers chime in with your brilliance and leave us in awe with your ideas.

Last edited by Majik on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dv8r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, I would take part
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the ML season SHOULD actually mean something. I like a conference/division idea like yours. You should speak to Shyft- about it
LilDan
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea kicks ass. I'd so be taking part in this. Specially team matches!!!
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majik, you have my sword.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually just thinking about this more recently, esp the problems and how to solve them. Heres what I would suggest. Have a sign up for a week at the beginning of a season. Have the same requirements as the judge test for the sign up(must have been a member for so long and played in X minis in the last X weeks).
You then randomize and divide up each players into 2 conferences and however many divisions(# of divisons and # of players per division depending on entrees) Have a season where players play in minis/trials/masters to earn rating and at the end of the season you pick the top player from each division and begin playoffs which would essentially be 2 conference invitationals. The winners could play each other best of 5 to decide ML Champion.

That would be my suggestion anyway offhand.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as this is a good idea, if WoTC get wind of this they will be pissed. Running the format people desperatly want back on modo but they plainly have no intention of giving.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
As much as this is a good idea, if WoTC get wind of this they will be pissed. Running the format people desperatly want back on modo but they plainly have no intention of giving.

it wouldn't matter if they were pissed, No copyright violation to run an event.
LilDan
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would increase M-L's attractivity too
JedD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it stands, there are coding issues that break the site when Sealed events are run. Until this is fixed, this can't happen.
Joby_Turk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedD wrote:
As it stands, there are coding issues that break the site when Sealed events are run. Until this is fixed, this can't happen.

That sucks, it does seem like a really good idea. It would give veterans and people who just started playing on MlL too interact and mingle (like a dating club jk lol). After the coding issues are fix, this is something that should be looked in to.
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to run a legacy one if I had the organizational framework created beforehand, i.e. how the league will function.
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there's the issue of prizes....
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome idea, just program it for us, thanks.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
me and sean connery are going to kick your asses

troll harder
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3