Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

good budget t2?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: good budget t2? Reply with quote

my friend has talked me into playing irl magic so i am going to get some cards for fnm what is the best deck for around 40$?

any suggestions or lists?
Aphasic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: good budget t2? Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
my friend has talked me into playing irl magic so i am going to get some cards for fnm what is the best deck for around 40$?

any suggestions or lists?

magics so stupid expensive right now that making a really competitive deck for that much i really dont see happening. but you could go with red deck wins, it will probably cost you about 60 or so. also if you can get your hands on 4 vampire nocturnus then vampires would be fairly cheap too.
kittykat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valakut ramp is the cheapest
cardplayer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could run white weenie w/o baneslayers. wouldnt be to crazy expensive
combomaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: cheap Reply with quote

ur owl one set of sac lands and the rest is cheap
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys out of the lists mentioned vampires sounds the cheapest but i bet gets stomped by jund.

in unrelated news my friend just opened a zendikar booster and pulled a black lotus? what the hell? i don't understand how this happened is it a reprint or what we're kinda confused on the matter.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling shenanigans on the Black Lotus. However, it is possible. Zendikar packs have a supremely low chance of having a "Treasure" card, which is an old card that is worth a good chunk of money. I saw someone rip a mint Taiga at a Zendikar Release.
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe u can pull a black lotus from the zen packs alond with moxs recalls and all. there not reprint there originals repacked in zen packs. it goes with the zendikar theme with involves treasure so wizards decided to place older real valuable cards in with the set but the average i think is 1 in every 20 boxes
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ so he has a legit black lotus? that's amazing i kinda want to kick him and tell him i'm no longer playing irl magic with him because he'll obviously lucksack every game considering he's pretty much the luckiest magic player i've ever met. i'm pissed it wasn't in my pack.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason we haven't been hearing much about treasures since the releases is because the majority of the unprovable hoax stories have died down, and there's a better chance now that a casual player would crack the treasure cards. A casual player probably doesn't care if the internet knows about what they pulled in their pack.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: cheap deck Reply with quote

i think the cheapest would be monored aggro, only expensive cards are goblin guide and elemental appeal
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget hell's thunder and ball lightning.

Crypt or Valakut could be made pretty cheap. Burn could be cheap if you cut Hell's Thunder, Ball Lightning and Elemental Appeal for something like Zektar Shrine Expedition, Mark of Mutiny and Quenchable Fire.

I would try anything you are thinking about buying on MWS first to see if you like it.
Omnomcake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vamps has 8 fetchlands... good luck with $40...

also, the reason we quit seeing so many treasures is that they were only in the first print run of boosters, meaning that unless someone has an old box sitting around they have all been opened more than likely...
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic doesn't seem to be a big deal in my area so I wouldn't find it hard to believe that the box at the only local store around here is an old one. I went to the M10 prerelease and like 20 people were there.

I was thinking maybe Eldrazi green? wouldn't all the rares in that be cheap? Vampires does so far sound the cheapest I wish I still had a grasp on how much real cards sell for. I've been playing MWS for so long I almost forgot real cards exist as I've only played in two sanctioned tourney in the past 2 years (lorwyn and M10 prereleases)
Duodax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldrazi needs Monuments and 8 Planeswalker?! More than 40$.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2