Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EsperGhast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I never play current tier 1 decks because I don't find it fun at all. I don't play magic to win. I prefer building creative decks and seeing how it fares in the meta.

I understand that most of the magic community is a bunch of insecure rich kids who only play magic to win, just to stroke their tiny egos. So I'm not surprised when most people post a deck and it is met by a bunch of tier 1 trolls.

Us Tier 1 trolls stroke our egos by winning. You Creative trolls stroke your ego by building "the next best deck that no one thought of". Magic is a fucking hobby. All hobbies exist solely to stroke one's ego and enjoy themselves.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
All hobbies exist solely to stroke one's ego
Disagree. You must be a very competitive person...I would hate playing magic with you.

You're calling me competitive? You won't even let this stupid, pointless argument die.

And yeah, I am competitive. If I'm going to invest my time and energy into something to the extent I do with Magic, you better fucking believe I'm going to want to win. And when I go to a PTQ, whether I just narrowly miss Top 8 or completely scrub out, I'm going to be disappointed. However, I never project that negative side of myself onto other players and always treat every with decency and respect as if they were one of my friends. Sure, I get some douches who could care less and would never return the favor, but that ain't what its all about.

And other times, I play against someone, enjoy some laughs, get to know them, and enjoy a match of Magic. When I lose, I'll still feel down that I lost, but you won't see me do anything but smile, shake their hand, and wish them luck in the rest of the tournament.

So yeah, I am competitive. However, I'm also one of the nicest people you'll play against at a Magic tournament. And no, I don't give two shits about my rating. It's still just hovering on the 1700 line from being a scrub for so long. I'm not some elitist or anything of the sort. I'm just a person who enjoys playing Magic, enjoys teaching people to play Magic and enjoy helping people get better at it.

Perhaps if we met in real life I might've taken the time to dissect what's wrong and right with your decklist, but this is the internet. More so, we're on the magic-league forums, where 99% of the posts are completely irrelevant, untested, and frankly bad decklists from a player who wants to prove they are either the best damn player on the block or they best damn deckbuilder on the block. I had some amount of patience when I first started posting on here, but I quickly realized that all the time I would spend trying to help someone would end up getting shoved back at my throat.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbone wrote:
jonproject wrote:
I'd rather be cascading into Blightning or Spreading Seas.

I want to know how to make the deck better, not what you like to cascade into.....

2 weeks before a new set comes out, "trying to make the deck better" = fine-tuning an existing proven deck.

All the good cards are known, all the good strategies are known and the meta is already established a long time ago.

This is not the time to be creative, it is way too late for that.

Use your creativity to antipicate the changes that Worldwake will do to Standard, instead of wasting them on a gameplan that reads "getting Bloodghast into play consistently" and not "win by getting Bloodghast into play consistently". The difference is enormous.

I agree with you that the deck creation process is rewarding on its own, but creating a _successful_ deck on your own is oh so much more rewarding!

Winning with your own creation against the established archetypes < Winning < creating a functional deck design.
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I read the post and had a long reply and then the power went out until 4am to which I fell asleep.

But I at least wanted to say I did infact read the posts.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3