Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't tell me magic isn't chance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
kikooo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In T2: Luck >>> skill, decision making & knowledge of the game. Winner is decided by who gets the best cascades or the biggest creatures to turn sideways.

in older formats like Legacy: Luck <<< skill, decision making & knowledge of the game. Loser is OFTEN decided by who has the least knowledge of the format, who makes the poorest decisions and most mistakes.
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't get a good cascade (or a good creature to turn sideways) if you didn't put it in your deck in the first place, with the manabase to cast it

so while T2 requires less study to get in (because there are far fewer cards available), i totally disagree that it's pure luck (for pure luck, flip a coin)

and this "new formats suck, only old formats are any good" sounds like the grumblings of an old codger...
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're still ranting about this? didn't the douche who runs the whole magic she-bang already concede the fact that magic has an unavoidable luck factor?
kikooo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khudzlin wrote:
you can't get a good cascade (or a good creature to turn sideways) if you didn't put it in your deck in the first place, with the manabase to cast it

so while T2 requires less study to get in (because there are far fewer cards available), i totally disagree that it's pure luck (for pure luck, flip a coin)

and this "new formats suck, only old formats are any good" sounds like the grumblings of an old codger...

Ok, so you also have to NOT replace stuff like Blightning with Fog or Rootbound Crag with Plains in the Jund list you netdecked - seems hard! I play all formats and enjoy them all, but that doesn't change the fact that the older ones are far more skill-intensive and that standard is pretty much a Timmy format.
emerus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is retarded.

As with any strategy game, luck is involved. However, it's never a big enough factor to whine about because in the long run, it's still a game of mistakes. If you make less mistakes than your opponents, you will be a winner. As long as people are making mistakes, especially if you are making mistakes(ldo), you should ignore the luck factor and focus on having a better strategy than everyone you face.
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little luck adds so much variation and helps keep the game enjoyable. If you don't like it stop playing card games and go back to tic tac toe. Just learn to look at the big picture. You might lose some games to worse players or win against better but in the end the law of large numbers will always hold.
rast2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khudzlin wrote:

Wow, it sure takes a lot of skill to put blightning and thrinax in the same deck as bloodbraid...

hey you guys I just had another great idea, I'll put baneslayer in this deck that has white mana. Only time will tell if it turns out to be any good, but I'm crossing my fingers!
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been very few tournament metas that I have seen where playing BBE, thrinax and blightning was the best option.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3