Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, how's the death of Magic coming along?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeph's right. Magic players love whining about their game. It's the same with every fantasy game out there.
Thanik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
The combat change hasn't had much of an impact on t2. Mostly cause there are hardly any sac abilities to stack.

It does suck that it nerfs a lot of creatures in other formats, but if it opens up design space for t2 id say its worth it (to me).

People bitch about the lack of technical plays they can make but thats a load of crap. Under the old rules there was the right play, and the wrong play. Now there is ambiguity, which I like.

I do still find myself trying to stack damage in my head some times and get sad though. Sad

There's always the right play and a bunch of wrong plays. Now you just don't get the opportunity to blow someone out with the right play, and the right play is harder to determine.
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said it before, and I'll say it again here.

It is my fondest wish and hope that Worldwake brings Combo Winter #2.
SoloRenegade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Ravnica Standard (Kami-Rav, and TSP-Rav) was the best standard I have ever played in. I have placed FNMs with the following decks during that time: Greater Good/Gifts, Snakes, Erayo Ninutsu, UR Wildfire Tron, UWR Angelfire, BWG Beach House, Scryb n Force, Zoo, RG Aggro, Boros Deck Wins, UR WIZARDS!, Red Deck Wins, BR Aggro/Sligh, Dralnu du Louvre/Teachings Control, GR Snowramp, Solar Flare, BG Rack, Dragonstorm, UG Tron, and UWG Blink. You could play whatever you wanted, and there were always powerful, fun cards to play. Some decks were clear better contenders that you wanted to prepare for, but you couldn't really count anything out. And nothing heavily dominated for too long, at least without having a few weak matchups.

You shoulda been there.

dragonstorm...

all decks were great and fun...but fuck Rav-TSP. Dragonstorm was gay as hell to play against.

Kam-Rav was great tho. best T2 imo
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it wouldn't be the end of magic. No rules change is probably able to kill magic.

It's not even that Magic is worse now. But it also isn't better. So I don't see the point of the change. Most games still play out the same way they used to. A few times it changes how you play it but in the end the diference is so small that the outcome of the game would have been the same.

They just introduced a bunch of changes that actually didn't accomplish anything and only created hate from some people and a bit of confusion for some people while getting used to the new rules.

The only thing positive (for Wizards) is that the rules changes caused a lot of discussion so it created free advertising. And that's probably what they wanted to do. They even already announce that M11 is gonna bring a change to something that was already changed in M10. This means that the M10 changes weren't that well thought and they really just wanted to change stuff to get people to start talking about it.

In my opinion: if it ain't broken don't fix it.
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most m10 changes were reversals of changes introduced in 6th (stacked damage, damage assignment among multiple attackers or blockers...)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2