Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JundAggro VS MonoB Vamp

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
DarkPhobos91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: JundAggro VS MonoB Vamp Reply with quote

happy new year everyone : D

i'd like to know what do u think of this MU... i thought it was an easy 2-0 but mindsludge is a pain in the ass... he cuts me all the removal and nighthawk and noctorius are the main problem since they have flying and lifelink.

what cards should i side in / side out ?

i side atm: +2 jund charm + 3 GreatSS + 1 terminate + 1 maelstrom
-3 garruk -4 putrid leech

i was thinking about thought hemorrage 4x in SB .. it could be a nice side addiction. at 4th turn i can rip all his mindsludge, then proceed to cut the notorius.. and if needed the bloodghast...

PS: when u side vs other decks.. naya,elves,lotus angel etcetc do you always side out leechs? i think its the "weakest" card in the deck.. and u always side in pulse etc... why not ripping leech definitely and playin 4 pulses MD???

thx
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Leech is a win condition and Maelstrom Pulse an answer (to a threat).
DarkPhobos91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx but u answered only to the last part of the thread : S
also when wouldn't u side maelstrom?

1) is a good removal
2) can be cascaded

it kills baneslayers, eldazri monument, howlingmine/font of mythos, ajani/jace/garruk, ...

leech is a nice card but.. too easy to remove when u activate his ability when attacking: disfigure, lightnin bolt, PtE, burst lightning etc etc and moreover u got 2 dmg ...
boeda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never pump him if theres a chance your opponent will cast bolt or disfigure. Playtest some and follow this rule and you'll see the strength of the leech.

After you tested this way you have experience enough to find out if its right to pump or not, but when u always pump your opp. will punish you for it.
Sandro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leech is weak in a lot of matchups. Lots of times he's a 2/2 for 2. And personally I'd rather rampant growth into a 3rd turn BBE or 4th turn BBlast etc. The only matchup I like leech in is vs control decks... Other than that he's usually a 2/2 for 2 that ends up costing you 2 life. That's my 2 cents.
Thanik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leech is pretty dominating on the board. He might be easy to remove or race but he is damn hard to kill in combat.

Last edited by Thanik on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still not sure why people want to cut a 4/4 for two for Rampant Growth. Growth sucks after turn 3, and really bones you over when you cascade into it.
Sandro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
I'm still not sure why people want to cut a 4/4 for two for Rampant Growth. Growth sucks after turn 3, and really bones you over when you cascade into it.

I don't mind rampant growth off cascade. If you hit it with BBE it ensures you will have enough mana for a Bblast or sets you up for an early Broodmate dragon... test rampant growth some and maybe you'll like it. I used to use leech too, but so many matchups I'd rather be a turn ahead...
DarkPhobos91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i playtested the 4x thought hemorrhage and i have to say that it can wins game when u name correctly...

1) vs vamp u cut out mindsludge b4 he casts it or u lost 80%
the 2nd will rip all his noctorius which are best vamp imo
2) vs summoner trap deck u can cut off the sphinx b4 they come into play and u can say gg without answers
3) vs turbofog u have many choices: jace, angelsong, safepassage, font if he didn't play any yet

actually there isn't a deck where u wouldn't "extirpate" smth
anybody said baneshit angel?

but if u don't cast it by 4th turn i think it loses most of its potential since the threat u r gonna to rip out will be already into play and u will have to focus on that 1st..

still no1 told me what MU should keep the leech after 1st game

Creatures that could be played MD instead of Leeches:

Goblin Outlander
Vampire Hexmage
River Boa
Black Knight

Hypnotic Specter
Vampire Nighthawk
Shambling Remains
Jund Sojourners
Great Sable Stag
Goblin Ruinblaster

Specters r my favourite option followed by hexmage
why adding U when u can just play hyppie?? random card is better and 1 color less too
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is a 2/1 first strike ever better than a 4/4 that swings for 2. Maybe if there are a disproportionately large number of decks running ball lightning. I still wouldn't play a BB as the main turn 2 option in a deck known for its manabase problems. You already run 12ish great 3 drops so adding 4 more would really throw off your curve.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1