Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW miller

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Antigrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: UW miller Reply with quote

well what can isay... it mills.

fun to play with, fraustrating to play against.
even does 50/50 against jund.
used to have memory erosion , path of exile ,
also quest for ancient secret really screws you over but... who uses it as SB anyway?

best part is you can win on the 1st turn... with 3 Archive trap and the opponent fetch land, hehe! i happened maybe twice for me.

only problem is it does not have any other win condition, and cant really control.

// Lands
4 [M10] Glacial Fortress
4 [ZEN] Sejiri Refuge
7 [ALA] Island (4)
7 [M10] Plains (1)

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Hedron Crab
4 [ZEN] Kraken Hatchling
4 [ARB] Wall of Denial

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Archive Trap
4 [M10] Ponder
4 [M10] Jace Beleren
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
4 [M10] Tome Scour
4 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
2 [M10}Twin Cast

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [SOK] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
SB: 4 [CS] Flashfreeze
SB: 4 [CFX] Celestial Purge
CalvinDeclan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a deck slightly similar to this that played 4 Ranger of Eos to tutor up multiple crabs. Seems good.
Majik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I like the ranger idea.

Why not make it bant, add harrow khalni and rampant growth maybe? turns those crabs into.........crabs.
Thanik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mucking around with bant mill, if you go that way, try wargate to tutor for crabs, fetchlands, and silver bullets. KotR also rocks.

Looking at your original list you do need rangers, because if your crabs die you're pretty much boned.
tzykid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am testing an esper version, it runs mind funeral, esper charms and a couple of haunting echos. If you drop a haunting echos it's usually gg. also, telemin performance is an amazing sb card for the control/mirror MU.
CrushU
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also testing Esper version. Mind Funeral into Haunting Echoes is just nasty. It's not very consistent yet...
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
best part is you can win on the 1st turn... with 3 Archive trap and the opponent fetch land, hehe! i happened maybe twice for me.

I just didn't get it how you have done the maths in order to win on the first turn with just 3 traps....

3 traps plus the 7 cards in the opponent hand... 13+13+13+7=46 plus the land that he fetched, 48 cards...
Your opponent's library now have 12cards on end of his 1st turn...
On your 1st turn, for one mana, you just can't make him discard 12 cards...

Anyway, the game is finished to him for sure, but not on the 1st turn, nether yours or your opponent's...

I really doubt that you had won a game twice on 1st turn with just 3 traps, Simply cause it's impossible.
Correct If I'm wrong please, but you need to think better before posting your fantasies! Wink
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's very possible the opponent will concede with only 12 cards in his library after his first turn

on the other hand, with 4 archive traps, you can kill your oppo at his first draw step (the one in his 2nd turn): 4x13 (traps) + 7 (initial hand) + 1 (fetched land) = 60 --> no cards left
Antigrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok! so not win technically... but pretty much wrapped the game up.

i was insinuating that i had the game won by then.

and BTW i did try the esper version and used fetchlands too i paid of but then again you get a 50/50 chance.

very difficult to hold off agrro's without hard counterspells

took Kraken Hatchling and twincast out for mindfuneral and deft duelist stopped early offense Very Happy
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's exactly what I said:

Quote:
Anyway, the game is finished to him for sure, but not on the 1st turn, nether yours or your opponent's...

@Antigrad
Just wondering if that was me doing the bad math, cause you cant win with just the 3 traps on the 1st turn... Or if you were just talking about a possible way to win, that I noticed that it wasn't correct...
You already answered it... And I agree, of corse. Wink

@Khudzlin
You know that it's impossible just like Antigrad said the first time... With 4 traps? of corse! Conceding? of corse!... You can even win on turn zero, if your opponent mulligan to one, and concede next... That's not the point...
I was kidding with Antigrad, as he noticed and well answered to it.

About the Quiet_riot question... I don't usually play with this kind of deck, its not really my kind of game... So, I'm talking as an opponent.
When path came out on early game, I just fetch a land, and usually take a trap cause of that... I just wasn't counting with that...
But usually before a path appears on the game, my opponent had already played a Crab or Tome Scour, what obviously make me ignore the possibility of having a free land from path... Don't really know about other players, but I think that they probably play the same way, or at least think about it, if a free land is worth of 13 cards to grave, cause some times it is. Smile

Anyway, most of times we ear hilarious things when we choose not to fetch a land...
Sometimes the opponent just leave the game when he sees you avoiding the trap; other ones keeps path on game for a long time till you said that you don't want the land... But the best ones, are when they start saying:
"You forgot to take the land from path to exile"
"Are you sure that you don't want the land?"
"Hey, you need to take the land!!"
"You need to open your library even if you don't want to take the land"

Magic really is a funny game!! No doubts about that! Wink
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If I remember correctly, when Nassif (Cruel Control) was playing LSV (BW Tokens) [can't remember the event, but I know Nassif won it] had a Broodmate Dragon Path'd, he asked the judge if he had to search and shuffle, since he knew he had no more basic lands in his deck. The judge said he still had to shuffle, but didn't have to search.

I mean, if the bully tactics work on here, go for it. But I get the feelings a judge's involvement will result in you getting penalized in some fashion. And I know if I saw someone doing that at an FNM to someone I even mildly cared about, I would be down your throat for being a total schmuck.
Antigrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes the opponent just leave the game when he sees you avoiding the trap

well sometimes opponent leaves the game as soon as he realize that you have a miller! Smile

Last edited by Antigrad on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antigrad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if a free land is worth of 13 cards to grave, cause some times it is. Smile

i hear you! a land is sometimes worth 13 cards
thats why 6 damage is better than using path on a creature like goblin guide. hehe

Quote:

i really dont think its mandatory to look at the library and shuffle.
i think the reason the judge had him look at the lib was not because he had to but because he can. you can just look at lib and shuffle without searching or you can opt to do nothing at all. thats my 2 cents.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Path says that you MAY search your library... So you don't have to open/look at it if you choose not to do it... And you just have to shuffle it if you had chosen to search for the land... That's where the fun are when they say " you MUST open the library", just to be able to play their trap... eheh Wink funny people! eheh

About the "search" / "just looking"... Maybe it could work against some noob players... Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2