Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20 dollars or less casual. Your ideas.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
skittles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: 20 dollars or less casual. Your ideas. Reply with quote

Okay, so, I want to make a really cheap deck and so does my brother. But we don't want to spend more than 20 dollars each.

So could you guys give me some ideas on decks you would make if you only had 20 dollars to spend on the actual cards. I don't need any actual deck lists just some ideas, but a deck list would be nice.

I've tested a lot of decks, I found soldiers and hypergenesis to be pretty powerful. Honestly, I don't really want to play any of those, especially hypergenesis.

EDIT: I don't need to buy basic lands, by the way.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goblin deck, with some goblin grenades and goblin war strike. get some legitimate burn ala lightning bolt and burst lightning and tons of goblins.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightning bolt beats anything so goblin>elf Razz
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sometimes have budget tournaments here were a card can cost 0.50 max. I play this:

// Lands
2 Keldon Megaliths
20 Mountain

// Creatures
4 Keldon Marauders
4 Spark Elemental
2 Keldon Champion

// Spells
4 Lava Spike
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Seal of Fire
3 Sulfurous Blast
4 Firebolt
4 Incinerate
1 Fireball
4 Burst Lightning

// Sideboard
SB: 3 Rough/Tumble
SB: 4 Unstable Footing
SB: 3 Boil
SB: 1 Flashfires
SB: 4 Dragon's Claw
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Sealed.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree of Jacois. If each of you bought a starter and two boosters, you could do what some friends of mine did a while back. We all started by buying 1 starter and two boosters. We built sealed decks from them and ran little tournaments. The buy-in was a sealed pack of any set (other than Homelands/Fallen Empires/Chronicles). The winner got first pick out of every pack in the prize packs, followed by 2nd place and so on. The catch was you could only play with cards you got from your original sealed or cards you have picked from the boosters. This gave us a fresh way to play Magic with out having to worry about if someone had more money than the others, or if one of us had no morals and ripped kids off daily on trades. It was fun. Sadly the group eventually drifted off into other forms of entertainment.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fun deck to make is ZubAltar.

Take 4 of each Zubera, Phyrexian Altar and Second Sunrise. You sacrifice Zuberas for mana, and at the same time stack up the Zubera effects, and then use Second sunrise to bring them all back and repeat, if you stack the blue one last you can usually draw into more zuberas, or use the green one to create more mana.

Spoils of the Vault and Carrion Feeder are also useful cards.

The only thing that is a little tricky is the manabase. I would suggest Ancient Ziggurat, Vivid Lands (White probably) and Mirrodin's Core to try and stay in budget.
kaamos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Energy Vortex

Boomerangs
things that tap all opponents lands (i forget)

pay x type counterspells for cheep

Fun blue deck that can splash any color, as long as it messes with tapping mana.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1