Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

soldier deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Lynolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decklist ftw?
UssyF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akatosh wrote:
i have a pretty decent soldier deck, two captain of the watch cards and other things. any suggestions?

You know, the decklist would be good.
But as suggestions, I'd say play 4x Elite Vanguard, soldier is aggro style, so 2/1 which costs only one white mana is very good.

I'd also play soldier boosts, and since this is casual (?) you could try 4x Field Marshal, 2-4x Captain of the Watch and maybe 2 or 3 Conqueror's Pledge(?)

Removal is always good in decks, so play 4x Path to Exile (or 4x Swords to Plowshares)
whoempah_666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget Ranger of Eos, possibly kor aeronaut as a 2/2 flier for 2 that can help a buddy into the sky later on, + hookmaster and skyfisher and possibly 1 or 2 akrasan squires for extra ranger targets + a nice exalted boost
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot the best soldier of all time. KAZANDU BLADEBASTARD oppress them with first strike vigilance that gets bigger!
Sigil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend used a soldier deck for the longest time. Check out 4x Daru Warchief. Enlistment Officer in a creature-heavy deck is also a pretty decent blowout if the setting is casual enough.
Deuce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catapult Master, Catapult Squad, Icatian Javelineer, DEFTBLADE ELITE (its really good, in tribal at least), Veteran Armor & Swordsmiths. Or you could go Boros with Swiftblade, Hearthfire Goblin, Argus-Kos, Lightning Bolt & Helix.
_Wraith_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice T2 soldier deck:

4 Elite Vanguard
4 Veteran Armorsmith
4 Veteran Swardsmith
4 Kazandu Blademaster

3 Honor of the Pure
3 Conqueror's Pledge
3 Ajani Goldmane
3 Brave the Elements
1 Judgment Day
4 Path to Exile

21 Plains
3 Emeria, The Sky Ruin

I think that's it! Preety nice to play with! Won agains Jund, Red Deck Wins, Planeswalker Control, Hedron Crab Milling, Vampires! Smile

Sometimes it loses too but it's quite consistent! Wink
No Captain of the watch! Mana too high to play in! Forget it!
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more elspeth
_Wraith_

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyx wrote:
Needs more elspeth

you're saying my deck?
i dont need it that much.. run it well without it! hopefully 4th turn i have ajani, 5th conqueror's, + +1+1 from ajani, and who knows some honor or veteran, and only a pulse for tokens or judgment day, either way next turn it's just tap! Smile elspeth would be nice with eldrazi monument! i'd say..
triplehelix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyx wrote:
Needs more elspeth

I agree, 3 goldmane's seems excessive, and goldmane elspeth combo is great.

I would think about martial coup as well, to complement judgment day. Idk if i'd run emeria, sky ruin in a soldiers deck as I'd rather not have tap lands on what should be a fast deck. Also captain of the watch is hard to ignore.

I realize i didn't make any real suggestions with this post, but just some things to think about.
_Wraith_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elspeth is too expensive for me to get it right now..
and elspeth might be nice to play with if you had eldrazi monument i think..

i wouldnt say this is a fast nor slow deck.. but if you say fast captain of the watch would really not be an option i'd say..

i realy prefer conqueror's pledge in this deck rather than elspeth..
if i did have some elspeth to play with, it wouldnt be in this deck, maybe as i said along eldrazi monument or other combination..
i prefer to pump my soldiers with veterans and honors, get a pledge and pump it with ajani, give it pro color against pulses or defending creatures and attack.. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1