Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drafting on Magic League !!!???!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
sys_down

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Drafting on Magic League !!!???!!! Reply with quote

It would be really cool if draft tournaments would be held here the way they used to be held on o- gaming (naming the site since it's officially dead).

For who is not familiar with what used to happen was that players joined the tourney from the main page just as you would do with any other tournament and when 8 players joined you would click on proceed to draft which took you to another page where you were given your cards, chose and passed, with timers... whereby if you don't choose in the specified time you were given a random card from the pack.. So on and so forth with the 3 packs.. then deckbuilding and mws code for verification.. with no need of downloading any apps at all.. it was all done by the site..

It used to work fine and was really fun.. (of course it would need someone with the time and knowledge to create this but you never know...)

Really hoping that this would one day also happen here. . I miss drafting for free Razz
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic-league runs draft mini's using net draft to draft, there is an entire channel dedicated to drafting draft4you.
sys_down

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that... but incorporating them to #magic-league advertising drafts are about to start the way is done with T2, extended or whatever.. .and ultimately done by the site itself without the need to download the netdraft program would be an ideal situation i guess..
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drafts done through the league are advertised in the same way as constructed tournaments they just do not happen very often. Also netdraft is the smallest program in the history of programs so d/ling it is no trouble.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRONICBL wrote:
The drafts done through the league are advertised in the same way as constructed tournaments they just do not happen very often. Also netdraft is the smallest program in the history of programs so d/ling it is no trouble.

I see where sys is coming from. It sucks having to download a program, patches, etc... Plus that program times out SOOO MUCH for little reason.

There needs to be more drafting of a serious nature in general on this site.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a few points here to make:

- There are draft tournaments present, moreso since sealed had to be frozen.
- We cannot incorporate anything along the lines of DaveyDrafter currently on the site. There's several reasons for that. One is that our database isn't set up the way DaveyDrafter needs it to. Two is that nobody present has the skills or time to develop DaveyDrafter (Azania is currently busy working on the new website as Site Dev Director). Three is that even if we were to attempt to implement DaveyDrafter or similar on the current site, the number of hoops we'd have to jump through aren't funny. Back when I was staff on the now-dead MTGTemple, it took months (and that's WITH former o-gaming staff) to get DaveyDrafter functioning.)
- Draft tournaments as well as drafts are advertised, so I don't know where you were coming from with this point.

Cheers,
Roo
Aion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make a long story short, we tried, can't do it, now we have netdraft with MWS codes so we're fine =)

Though I do know what you mean about serious drafting. It's hard to get 8 good players together to draft on netdraft.
sys_down

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know Weedmonkey is Roo Smile hehe Nice to see you here mate. Daveydrafter would be an ideal situation and it's unfortunate that it cannot be implemented here Sad
I believe it was Anthson who administered it on the other side.. oh well.. guess we'll just have to wait and see..
DaWorm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth is much simpler.
They removed the sealed deck generator because otherwise the site would be down.
Reason for this is the attorneys form WotC.

Obviously they won't add a drafting device (or sealed again for that matter) as long as they have to fear that WotC will sue them.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWorm wrote:
Truth is much simpler.
They removed the sealed deck generator because otherwise the site would be down.
Reason for this is the attorneys form WotC.

Obviously they won't add a drafting device (or sealed again for that matter) as long as they have to fear that WotC will sue them.

The site still has the function for judges to make sealed minis just that we are not allowed to due to the recent site issues see azani's post http://www.magic-league.com/news/365/recent_site_issues.html

so before u accusing people of lieing maby you should get your facts straight
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaTiVa is correct. In fact, Az-Cz opened a sealed tournament not last week before we alerted him to the freezing of sealed tournaments.

Any fear from WotC is completely unfounded. We have complied with their cease and desist, and we have been free to function for many months. Furthermore, I find your accusations that the staff are deliberately withholding information from the public disgusting.
DaWorm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weedmonkey wrote:
Furthermore, I find your accusations that the staff are deliberately withholding information from the public disgusting.

So do i.

However the probability that something that has been working for years without problems stops working and you are not able to solve the problem is small (talk to your webhoster).
Especially since webhosting capabilitys are more powerfull and less expensive now.

Conclusion:
There has to be another reason-> You are withholding information. The most likley reason is WotC.
DaWorm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
I'am basicly saying that you know the problem and you could have solved the problem until now but you didn't. It's funny that you didn't say anything about how you want to solve the problem or if you want to solve the problem at all, while accusing me with conspiracy theories. Want to avoid that topic?
DaWorm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
Also, to daworm, it seems you know a lot about programming since you KNOW the problem could have been solved. Care to drop a note to azania and showing what you can do, so you can alleviate our immediate problems?

Greetz Nico

Short term?

Change your webhoster.

Should be oviouse.
DaWorm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the prize money for example.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2