Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Story

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Great Story Reply with quote

I haven't played paper magic in about a year and a half. But yesterday my friend who works at the Navy Exchange (Its like a mini tax-free walmart for families the Navy). He told me "Hey there is like a bin of MtG packs, and since we're not selling them anymore they are 75% off). So we wen't down there and they had assorted packs in a a bin (they were the single packs in the huge cardboard and plastic packages for hanging). They had a bunch of Mirrodin, some Time Spiral, a lot of Planar Chaos, about 7 packs of Future Sight, and a bunch of 9th edition, along with like 2 random packs. We bought them all up and it was like 40$ for almost 50 packs. I was laughing my ass off at the deal I just got.

We went to my other friends house,with my other friends, all of whom are casual players, and busted them all open, planning on doing a sort of inclusive deck building challenge where we would only use cards we all opened together, and build some decks to play. We we're opening them, one of my friends busted like 4 pain lands, which is kinda cool. we got a few other ok rares, and a few ones for fun decks we built. I Started opening the 7 Future Sight packs. I was telling them about the Card Tarmogoyf and how it was one of the better cards ever printed, and the first to be 40$ when it was in type 2 (IIRC). I got to my last pack and said "Wouldn't it be awesome if I pulled one." I opened the pack, shuffled through all the cards, and got to the rare. It was none other than the Goyf, himself. I couldn't stop laughing with glee, and I said "See, called it".

And that my friends, is how I paid 0$ for 50 assorted packs of Magic.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Story.
Zeph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Nice story!
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice goyf sir, nice goyf.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story, brah.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to one up anyone, but a similar thing happened to me.

Remember the pre-con with jitte in it? I bought 25 of those for 50 dollars at the mall once.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making 100's of dollars is different than breaking even.
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool story, brah
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you guys might like that.

Its kinda not much use to me, I don't play anymore, and I don't plan on selling it, but in the case I get BACK into paper magic it will be 1 less Goyf I need.
whoempah_666

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reminds of my dad once
the local store planned to stop selling magic and my dad got a good deal buying the last stuff which included a booster box of leagions and bout 20 seperate boosters

he only bought them cause he really wanted that last akroma to get legions full
last of the 50+ boosters, guess whats in it :p
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar story: i bought 1 pack of future sight soon after goyf hit ~$40 and opened a foil one.
gg
Xarls

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:
similar story: i bought 1 pack of future sight soon after goyf hit ~$40 and opened a foil one.
gg

Didn't realize it was a contest.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1