Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hy not Br Owl

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
InWaking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea but i wouldn't play ascension.

also parasite should only be played if you play borderposts as well.

no you cannot play trap mid spell the inquiry needs to fully resolve first so they have to discard before you can do anything.

also so i do like the idea and at this moment all i can think of is replace ascensions with borderpost.
[PMP]FR2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
i like the idea but i wouldn't play ascension.

also parasite should only be played if you play borderposts as well.

no you cannot play trap mid spell the inquiry needs to fully resolve first so they have to discard before you can do anything.

also so i do like the idea and at this moment all i can think of is replace ascensions with borderpost.

I agree with these views, and Underworld Dreams might be worth consideration, although it is pricier than the Parasite. It doesn't require the presence of a red permanent, which may be helpful to this deck.
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After playing the deck for a couple weeks, I can say that Blue is better because of three cards: Flashfreeze, Negate, and Twincast. Flashfreeze is too good vs Jund not to have, and so is Negate. Game 1, the most troublesome card against you is Maelstrom Pulse. Having access to this many answers to the card that wrecks you is very important in the matchup. Twincast makes it possible to not have to have two Traps in hand to win, which is the case quite a lot. One trap usually won't do it unless you've drawn a sh*tload of burn. Twincast is ballgame every time it resolves against most decks. And, Negate helps in the control matchup with U/W/x decks. Just my opinion.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude... fake 3rd turn kill. Borderpost comes into play tapped.

If it's Black and Red, cast BLIGHTNING... main?

Burning Inquiry DOES trigger the Trap (drew three or more cards). Next time, READ.

Blue isn't strictly better, it's just DIFFERENT. It's the FAG's colours, so you can defend better. But you're not defending, this deck is ROCKIN'.

But fear the Spell Pierce =)
kamikaze112

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumagmd wrote:

Burning Inquiry DOES trigger the Trap (drew three or more cards). Next time, READ.

That's not the point he's trying to make, you cannot play the trap while the Burning Inquiry is still resolving. I had this happen to me in a game where the Inquiry player tried to cast a trap after I had drawn the 3 cards, but before I discarded. He had drawn his 3 cards, and then randomly discarded the trap that he tried to use on me.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of assholes BASH before they think. That one up there is one of them. Burning Inquiry is very, very random, making it very, very powerful, or it'll blow up in your face.

The point I was making is that they should read first, then think about it, and THEN say what they have to. Reading is tech, thinking is even more so.

Do you know why I don't like Blue? Blue likes to think they have answers for everything (counter this, counter that, bounce that creature). Blue totes around their card draw like it's more powerful than Progenitus. Blue is GAY. I hope the era of top10 decks being just Blue deck vs Blue deck is gone FOREVER, it's not fun watching people just play land after land each turn, waiting.

That said, it would be a very interesting matchup to see this deck vs the Jacerator.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kumagmd wrote:

Reading is tech... Huh? Main wincon is trap which needs more cards in hand. Why would you play a discard spell then?
kumagmd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SniperMayer wrote:
kumagmd wrote:

Reading is tech... Huh? Main wincon is trap which needs more cards in hand. Why would you play a discard spell then?

There are currently 4 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 3 win conditions, including Beats, damage (due to draw), damage (due to discard) and mill (due to the artifacts). Heck, EVERY CARD in there CAN be a win condition. And so is Blightning. He HAS to do something on turn 3, you know. He's not Blue who just waits and waits like fags they are.
Triggers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While these list look decent, It just seems the UR version is so much more consistent. I've played a list similar to the original one posted but it seems like I was trying to do too many different things.

Access to Ponder, Time Warp, Twincast and Jace make the combo MUCH easier to obtain.

Opens a ton more sb options as well ( Swerve for pulse, blightning etc )
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ That's because UR is more consistent.

And to the guy who keeps throwing out the gay slurs to anyone playing blue, I'm sorry man, but doing that just makes you sound like a sore loser who can't figure out how to beat a deck with counters. I bet playing against Faeries drove you nuts. It's not our fault Blue has better draw & better defense, but we're smart enough to play with them.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing against Faeries was FABULOUS. Nuthin' funnier than the look of blue fag's faces when you outsmart them with your non-blue deck. Best play ever - Wild Ricochet your Cryptic Command. The blue idiot even raged at a judge (local FNM). Said I couldn't change HIS targets and then counter with my copy of the spell. Totally blew off his top because his next Cryptic (bounce + draw) got Ricochet'ed, redirecting to his land, let him draw, then another bounce and MY draw. FUNNY...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2