Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ur owl 1st place deck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good run down i agree accept cancel and double negitive i decided negate ove both of those in the side because of costing
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is 8w-1d-1L with this deck the way it is so far on magic leauge and the one loss i only got 3 land in both games...
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Jace Beleren? He doesn't activate Runeflare Trap, all it does is give a card to oppo. Call to heel seem's better.
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jace gives u the option of a mill strategy plus when jace is ticking up it gives them another card and u another card adding to the dams that can be done by runeflare and also jace makes him self a target rather than ur life
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that - and the fact that increasing the amount of must-haves-in-starting-hand from 8 to 10-11. It doesn't activate Trap no, but it helps you find Font or double Mine.

And for some reason, people try to deal non-lethal damage to Jace instead of racing me... I won't rely on that against good players though.
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but its still a factor even with good players they see jace ticking up and its hard for them to ignore it cause if u do get rid of 20 cards of their libaray the game is pretty much as good as urs due to you removing most of thier threats and at the same time almost decking them because of all the drawing your making them do
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vedrfolner sounds like ur starting to fall in love with the deck...lol Razz
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I did that once. I Twincasted his Mind Funeral and then I Twincasted his Haunting Echoes Laughing

He had 3 cards in hand and no threats left in the library - I had Jace and 2 Earthquakes left, 2 cards in hand (none of them important), and a Goblin Guide in play. Me at 12 cards in library, he 15.

Then I played Jace :p and he conceded before I got him to 11 counters.

I think that the two Earthquakes would have got him in the end anyways, but I milled the milling deck ftw. True story!
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still dont know about earthquake but hey i like it that you like the deck enough to adapt it to your playing style..as i said i just play mine like dstorm
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

combomaster wrote:
i still dont know about earthquake but hey i like it that you like the deck enough to adapt it to your playing style..as i said i just play mine like dstorm

I dismissed Jace because it doesn't trigger the trap. Once I realized that I would not mull if I had a Jace and 2-3 lands in the starting hand, I added it to improve the deck's consistency.

I tested Burst Lightning and found it mediocre. Although with Jace I see that you could rely more on the burn suite, not needing the combo to win.

I have had success waiting for the right moment to go off rather than just burning. Once you have a Font or double Mine in play, you are often fine and can just kill them in the draw step, but as long as Mine is sitting there alone and you can't go off you need to be able to respond to stuff. Also, because of Jund some decks plays Flashfreeze main, and most control or aggro-control decks run Negate or Bant Charm main. This means that if they understand what is going on, they can just wait for your trap and counter it and you can do NOTHING about it. In testing I found that this was a bigger problem than missing the last 2 damage, and hence Spell Pierce over Burst Lightning main.

I took out the Spell Pierces and added 2 Time Warp, 2 Earthquake. Both have proved useful. As I said I missed the countermagic only once tonight.
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice what does ur deck list look like?vertually u have to remeber that twincast is a counter if they play a counter use twincast on it...so with negate u sit back and wait...you can even wait till the point against control if they tap out u can hard cast runeflare its not idea but it gets damage in you have to keep all these thoughts in mind
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ment twincast vs negate and cancel is goodness thats why game two u put in negates you negate their flashfire they go to negate ur negate and u twincast they have just or almost or even almost used up all their counters...if runeflare gets through u usually win next turn if it doesnt they just wasted a whole lot of counters
combomaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres ther version i copied off http://www.magic-league.com/deck/56814/standard_t2.html#Owl35725
SJM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I like it a lot. I've been saying that in this thread for months though.
Thanik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
Yeah I did that once. I Twincasted his Mind Funeral and then I Twincasted his Haunting Echoes Laughing

He had 3 cards in hand and no threats left in the library - I had Jace and 2 Earthquakes left, 2 cards in hand (none of them important), and a Goblin Guide in play. Me at 12 cards in library, he 15.

Then I played Jace :p and he conceded before I got him to 11 counters.

I think that the two Earthquakes would have got him in the end anyways, but I milled the milling deck ftw. True story!

Someone playing this deck twincast my voices from the void......
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4