Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R/G Valakut Ramp

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed
Luckra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: R/G Valakut Ramp Reply with quote

Hey there guys, I got a R/G valk ramp deck and I think I got a pretty solid build but could use some advice on how to sb and what to take out to bring in SB cards against vamps and Controll. That seems to be my biggest problem I just can't decide what to take out so I can bring in my SB cards. Also any advice on the build or my SB cards would be great.

Land -29
4- Kazandu Refuge
3- Scalding Tarn
12- Mountains
6- Forest
4- Valakut, the Molten Pin

Creatures- 9
2- Hellkite Charger
2- Rampaging Baloths
3- Oracle of Mul Daya
2- Mold Shambler

Spells- 22
3- Lavaball Trap
3- Punishing Fire
4- Burst Lightning
4- Harrow
4- Khalni Heart Expedition
4- Expedition Map

Sideboard- 15
1- Lavaball Trap
4- Goblin Ruinblaster
1- Punishing Fire
4- Relic Crush
1- Oracle of Mul Daya
2- Mold Shambler
2- Oran-Rief Recluse

Once again thanks for any advice
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... maybe try putting the Ruinblasters main. Lotus Cobra? there's no other acceptable acceleration... That critter that puts lands from your library into play, maybe?
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotus Cobra probably deserves some slots, but I have no idea how one would fit him in here.
wrxkid950

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that 29 lands is way too much. i would cut to 24 and run +4 cobra +1 shambler
Luckra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotus Cobra sucks in this deck and since I run low amount of creatures its going to see ALOT of removal the turn i play it. I was running 25 lands and I found I never had enough lands really I like 29 lands ALOT it seems perfect. and maybe ruinblasters main but I had so far decided not to since I just see to many vamp decks that it would be useless against.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can prob run 27-28 lands still and be fine.
Thanik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

29 land + 4harrow + 4expedition map + 4 khalni. Did you really play this? You actually needed more than 67% of your deck to be land or fetch land?
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point with this deck is it never wants to stop playing lands ever.
Luckra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I want a to play a land just about every turn and only about 1 in 15 games or so do I get mana flooded because I thin out the deck so fast, anyway the deck runs great from all the games ive been playing with it just against control I only seem to win with lucky draws and bad draws for them and thats the advice im looking for ideas to make it a better match up against control
Thanik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
I think the point with this deck is it never wants to stop playing lands ever.

Yeah the issue is that with 19 spells you'll have games where you get the chance to cast one thing before you drop your 8th land. It would be pretty common to cast only 3 things before your 8th land drop. All the ramping does nothing for your tempo since you gotta keep spending your excess on more ramping and you got nothing in hand to cast anyway.

I might be way off base but it looks like anything remotely aggressive will steamroll you, and one ruinblaster makes 37 of your cards dead.

I like valakut, but that's a LOT of land. I'll try it out later today.

25 land + 12 ramp/tutors has good odds of getting valakut active as quickly as possible. I just don't see the need for the extra 4. Although I guess if you've only got one plan in your deck (barring 4 cards) you might as well go all out.
Luckra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow so it just hit me exactly what I need to have in my sb to make my deck better against controll I thank everyone who gave advice all of it was good and reasonable just was stuff I had tested and already decided wasn't good. But this let me think of more options and it hit me what I needed.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1