Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casualties Vs Hideous End

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
gmoney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Casualties Vs Hideous End Reply with quote

P1P1 Marsh Casualties, Hideous End... only other close cards might be Windrider Eel and Harrow.

I took the Hideous End because I have been finding casualties a dead card in a ton of matchups and Hideous End to be the hardest card to beat when my opponent draws it. Reguardless of the draft and results I am just curious on the communitites opinions on such a pick.
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsh Casualties...but it's very close.
Xerocious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casualties a dead card.. hardly.. I've played more monoB opponents than players with only x/3-creatures (in that case I still wouldn't call casualties a "dead" card)

My pick is Casualties
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casualties
bilo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casualties and hideous end are both deep black and very high picks so u will very probably fight for the black cards with the guy to your left. id rather let the guys to my left fight for it and force something nonblack depending on the booster.
Zapgaze
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedXIII wrote:
Casualties and hideous end are both deep black and very high picks so u will very probably fight for the black cards with the guy to your left. id rather let the guys to my left fight for it and force something nonblack depending on the booster.

That's an awful idea.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Casualities obv... Reply with quote

Its not close, are u kidding me? its obvious that its marsh casualities..... Casualities is a blowout in a format where u have many 1/1s 2/1 and 2/2's..... It will win u many games and u are gonna lose many games because of it as well.

Last edited by Shagrath on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a more interesting question is casualties vs vampire nighthawk
Griffon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casualties over the Hideous End - i wouldnt let the others fight over both let one of them take the hideous end and then just cut black off from them pack one, if they know how to draft they will quickly get out of black and also Nighthawk over casualties
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking windrider eel over marsh casualties because hideous end is in the pack...ML never ceases to amaze me.

Also, casualties over hideous end always.

Also, casualties over nighthawk, but its much closer this time.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nighthawk is a better card than casualties... and casualties is better than hideous end. here's the rub that matters tho...

marsh casualties is the right pick in both situations.

you are palying black. you get to (have to) cut the person to your left HARD so he realizes it and gets out of your way for pack 2.
you are palying black. hideous end does very little against you, if at all.
you are sending black. marsh casualties kills all but 3 non-rare creatures in the color. you have drafted a card that beats another drafter at the table, is stronger than hideous end in a bubble, and your deck is often immune to the matchup against the man on your left.

marsh casualties.

that being said malakir bloodwitch and sorin markov are big enough bombs that you will win anyways and they cannot answer... so those are higher than MC.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
nighthawk is a better card than casualties... and casualties is better than hideous end. here's the rub that matters tho...

marsh casualties is the right pick in both situations.

you are palying black. you get to (have to) cut the person to your left HARD so he realizes it and gets out of your way for pack 2.
you are palying black. hideous end does very little against you, if at all.
you are sending black. marsh casualties kills all but 3 non-rare creatures in the color. you have drafted a card that beats another drafter at the table, is stronger than hideous end in a bubble, and your deck is often immune to the matchup against the man on your left.

marsh casualties.

that being said malakir bloodwitch and sorin markov are big enough bombs that you will win anyways and they cannot answer... so those are higher than MC.

I'm coolcreep and I approve this message.
SJM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casualties wrecks people with massive board advantage.

Hideous End is spot removal and a shock to the dome.

Casualties - every. single. time.

It's not even close.
Fridolin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: End Reply with quote

Most of the time Casualties deals with one or two creatures you can handle anyway. And half the time it doesn't deal with them until turn 5. Hideous End kills the fatty when you see it and sometimes it's a 2 for 1 as well.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: End Reply with quote

Fridolin wrote:
Most of the time Casualties deals with one or two creatures you can handle anyway. And half the time it doesn't deal with them until turn 5. Hideous End kills the fatty when you see it and sometimes it's a 2 for 1 as well.

I really wanted to comment this but I don't have the words to describe what on my mind right now.

And I'm pretty sure I'm dumber after reading this.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2