Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/R Stompy Power Cards

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: B/R Stompy Power Cards Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
4 [ZEN] Teetering Peaks
8 [M10] Swamp (1)
6 [M10] Mountain (1)

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [CFX] Kederekt Parasite
4 [ZEN] Guul Draz Vampire
4 [CFX] Viashino Slaughtermaster

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Vampire's Bite
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [M10] Burning Inquiry
4 [M10] Sign in Blood
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [M10] Megrim

Not really Stompy, because its only 16 creatures.
Bite/Teetering peaks work well with Slaughtermaster, and its him not Matron because matron is RR not 1R.

Inquiry/Blood work well with Parasite.

Megrim works well with blight/inquiry.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it but it actually looks pretty decent.
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kicks ass imo

Oh and only 4 hard rares, the guides.

I got 4x kedrekt for 4 bucks.

For the budget deck, you could sub out the dual lands for more basics or lifegain lands, and the guides for ragers. Smile
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think megrim/ burning inquiry fit here. burning inquiry is pretty bad unless you have megrim in play, and since you have 2 megrim and four burning inquiry you will have burning inquiry w/out megrim a lot, and I dont think you will get much value out of megrim since you dont have too much discard. I would put it more black permanents for the parasite, maybe burst lightning, and maybe warren instigator since you have a lot red sources and pumps.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think megrim/ burning inquiry fit here. burning inquiry is pretty bad unless you have megrim in play, and since you have 2 megrim and four burning inquiry you will have burning inquiry w/out megrim a lot, and I dont think you will get much value out of megrim since you dont have too much discard. I would put it more black permanents for the parasite, maybe burst lightning, and maybe warren instigator since you have a lot red sources and pumps.
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forget inquiry works with parasite, and id play more megrim if it wasnt so slow in a fast deck. If ive got sign in bloods without swamps, or vampires bite without creatures (removal) than it helps fetch new cards.

And Investigator is RR which is simply harder to cast, in a deck that runs only 4 one costing creature goblins. Burst lightening also wont fit here because its kicker will never be played.

I dont mean to sound like a know it all but the design is pretty tight Smile

And affordable!

Last edited by kaamos on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so, lets get down to buisness, I posted my better ideas here in casual because of all the negativity I got in the standard forum. I just dont like sharing my good ideas.

Anyway, lets talk Sideboard, so far I find that removal is the worst.

Versus white Maybe duress for path/journey/o-ring/Doj because those enchantments usually make me run out of gas.

Versus Baneslayer, Terminate or Doomblade, if they get one out, usually its up to bolt/megrim/kedrekt/inquiry/sign to hit them from afar, and with the lifegain I usually run out of gas quick.

I played a deck that had baneslayer and brought it down to 2 life before she hit the board, then I was fucked so yea, how many destructs vs creatures do you's think i need? (keep it cheep remember)

Maybe pithing needle versus esper, like scourglass?
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so noted, hows about bone splinters, for those untargetables decks that are made to stay free of jund's removal?
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I needed some mana fixing i think so I made an alteration to the mana here:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
4 [ZEN] Teetering Peaks
7 [M10] Swamp (1)
5 [M10] Mountain (1)
2 [ZEN] Akoum Refuge

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [CFX] Kederekt Parasite
4 [ZEN] Guul Draz Vampire
4 [CFX] Viashino Slaughtermaster

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Vampire's Bite
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [M10] Burning Inquiry
4 [M10] Sign in Blood
4 [ALA] Blightning
2 [M10] Megrim

tell me if you agree too many lands that come into play tapped in this deck might just hurt it more
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1