Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This happened.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no reason to ever hate draft its pointless unless there is 0 playables for you. and hellkite charger isnt even that big of a bomb considering how fast the formar can be.
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon missing was probably Marsh Casualties or Vampire Nighthawk. And maybe someone picked up a journey to nowhere after that.

It's just a strong pack, but there are def cards I'd pick over the dragon
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Uncommons are missing.
Vampire Nighthawk and Living Tsunami probably, or Machete.
If I am not red (and cant splash it at that point), I easily pick those over a hatepick.
Kamperfoelie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, snare and diabolist are both uncommon, right?
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only person who noticed that this is pack 3? If I am in black/green or something, disfigure over charger, hell gladeheart over charger is the right pick. Hatedrafting is stupid.
whoempah_666

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i once got a Jitte as second pick :p
so a third pick charger really isn't that big a deal :p
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep a million good reasons for charger pick 3 pack 3, such as one neigbour is UW other BG or any combination of colours not including red. Or they took nighthawk or marsh casulties or something just better than the charger or the red person opened a foil mythic and there was a good card in the other dudes colour that he really needed.
Drizzs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've passed a hellkite charger....... its not that good in red on turn 7 unless your slow as shit, that same draft i went mono red and won turn 4 every game 5-0.
spudfuss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should check out the draft viewer on mtg.com day of judgement went like 6th pick now thats a bomb that should be hated
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudfuss wrote:
you should check out the draft viewer on mtg.com day of judgement went like 6th pick now thats a bomb that should be hated

you become better at drafting once you realise that hate drafting is irrelevant unless there is nothing playable for you or your in a team draft.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fine pack 3 if you already have a really good deck and just do not want to get bombed out. Perfectly reasonable to spend all of pack 3 just strengthing the deck with clearly more powerfull picks and passing mid level cards your not going to play in favour of a hate draft.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
It is fine pack 3 if you already have a really good deck and just do not want to get bombed out. Perfectly reasonable to spend all of pack 3 just strengthing the deck with clearly more powerfull picks and passing mid level cards your not going to play in favour of a hate draft.

If there is nothing in the pack that improves your deck, hatedrafting is fine. That said, it is always wrong to damage someone else's deck if you need to damage your own to do it. If you are going to play a potential pick, you should always take it over a hate-draft.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there come a point when you know I already have 22 playables and there all as good or better than the card i can pick and im playing this draft to win, my deck is made this card does not improve its just more of the same, so the best choice is to hate draft. No point in having a sideboard of mediocre playables, your never going to bring in.
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Sick draft Reply with quote

Here's a sick draft deck I ended up with last week.

4 Burst Lightning (yes, 4!)
2 Torch Slinger
2 Hellkite Charger
2 Expedition Map
2 Geyser Glider
2 Hellfire Mongrel
3 Molten Ravager
3 Zektar Shrine Expedition
1 Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle
19 Mountains

Last edited by Pillsburry on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why 20 lands? That's a bit too much. You could have easily gotten at least 1 or 2 Expedition Maps which would improve your chances of getting valakut.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2