Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jacerator by Joel Calafel (the Swans Assult Guy)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it loses to jund
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Jacerator by Joel Calafel (the Swans Assult Guy) Reply with quote

SchwipSchwap wrote:
loki3 wrote:
This guy is known for making decks that completely sideswipe the competition in Standard, partially because because the metagame is focused in a very different direction.

If I remember correctly it was PV who initially created Swans Assault for GP: Barcelona.

It was Shyft- actually.
loki3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
it loses to jund

which build?
brimstone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:
Shooter wrote:
it loses to jund

which build?

All of them.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki3 wrote:
Shooter wrote:
it loses to jund

which build?

leech ones

vs saito's and lsv's I think fog is a bit of a favorite actually. Too bad all the advantage is gone after sb no matter the build.
CloaknDagger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this deck sucks so bad then why did it:

Top 8 in worlds

Top 8 in our latest master?

Are you guys stupid?
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it did not top8 in the master, rather went 6-0 in the standard portion. Also, T8ing a m-l master can be pretty much done with almost every deck as long as the player is solid enough (check my master t4 with Battle of Wits in Old Extended, for instance)

That said, the deck is actually quite good, but it being known for everyone does not help very much either, so I fear it won't go x-0 in any constructed big standard tournament anymore.

Also, Joel Calafell (The_Johan) was the less active but actually helped creating the Cephalid Breakfast that led every Spaniard to a good record at PT:Columbus
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you're the one who's stupid because this deck didn't top8 worlds. It went 6-0 but that means nothing. We need a larger percentage of matches to see if the deck is good or not.
Thanik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faced this a lot yesterday for some reason. Red men and artifact hate tend to blow this up. You can't run 20 card disadvantage cards in control and expect to win, and that's what the decks draw engine amounts to vs mountains and artifact destruction.

I play font of mythos, you draw 2 and use one to blow it up. I play jace, you draw a bolt and swing for 2, etc etc. There's a reason howling mine was considered almost unplayable for 12+ years. Not to mention fog fog fog.

Not saying it's bad by any means (you can't deny the power of timewalk with any planeswalker), just saying it's definitely a deck you wouldn't want the other guy to be expecting.

I figure most of my opponents were horribly misplaying it anyway by trying to mill with jace when they should have just been using him as a card advantage engine, letting the artifacts and my own fetchlands mill me, maybe going for the mill when the game is locked up.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most control decks kill after turn 10.
Most control deck are dead against a turn 10 surprise Haunting Echoes.

Don't forget to side it and exile at least 8 cards, it's GG.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2