Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yes, Yes, Another bad UW Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
KnockouT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Yes, Yes, Another bad UW Control Reply with quote

I'm calling the deck UW Angel Stompie, as it generally wins with 4/4 angel tokens provided by either Sigil of the Empty Throne or Luminarch Ascension.

// Lands
4 [M10] Glacial Fortress
6 [ZEN] Island (3)
7 [ZEN] Plains (2)
4 [ZEN] Sejiri Refuge

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Meddling Mage

// Spells
4 [CFX] Sigil of the Empty Throne
3 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
3 [ZEN] Luminarch Ascension
3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
2 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
3 [CFX] Path to Exile
2 [CFX] Armillary Sphere
2 [M10] Jace Beleren
3 [M10] Mind Control
3 [ZEN] Ior Ruin Expedition
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
3 [M10] Telepathy

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
SB: 1 [ZEN] Luminarch Ascension
SB: 1 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
SB: 1 [CFX] Path to Exile
SB: 1 [M10] Mind Control
SB: 2 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
SB: 2 [ZEN] Iona, Shield of Emeria
SB: 4 [M10] Convincing Mirage

Alright
So, let's start with the manabase.
Originally I was using fetches, not only to thin the deck out but also for Ior Ruin Expedition.
I found that they were ultimately not that useful, and I wasn't upset with drawing land in this deck so I opted to stick to basics.

Now,
as far as creatures, yes, Meddling Mage is the only creature in the deck.
He's there because of the Telepathy in mainboard, which both offer great synergy.
Now immediately after stating that, you're saying, why Telepathy?
Well, not only is it a simple 1 drop that gives you the advantage of always knowing what to play and when,
but it has the synergy with both Meddling Mage AND the Sigil of the Empty Thrones.
I've noticed that with Sigil, and all the great enchantment removal, it becomes a win condition that's a lot harder to deal with than a baneslayer angel.
Sure BSA gives you the lifelink and such, but Sigil is harder to deal with, Path to Exile doesn't solve your opponents problems.
I've noticed all the RFG (Path, Journey, O.Ring) is all really great against Jund as well, because the Thrinax loses it's utility.

As for the sideboard, right now I could really use some help, as you can tell it's sort of all over the place.
The reason being is because sometimes O.Ring is better in a matchup and others Journey is, etc.
But I could really use some suggestions on sideboard, and any help with main would be appreciated.

Thanks ML.
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I never seen that combo before.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1